Chapter Twenty Nine

****
I understand why people take flight from bridges,
I understand why a girl holds a blade to her wrist,
I understand why a grown man cries counting all his lists.
What I wish for the world to understand,
is that in these fragile moments,
patience and love are needed most.-pillow thoughts.

****

Zoya's P.O.V.

What did he just say?
Kiss me?
Why?

Is he sane?
"what did you just say?" I asked.
Did he actually say that or i misheard it?
He looked at me equally  confused as i was.
He bit his lip and replied, " nothing just forget what I said and good night."
He slammed the door after saying that.
Thank God he didn't say the word kiss again and I then headed towards my room to sleep.
I now had to look for a house soon.

*******

Bhabhi and Asad were in the kitchen preparing for lunch, today I had taken off from work cause I had to go visit the doctor for my monthly checkup.

Every week, I had been going after work to visit the doctor without letting neither Asad nor bhabhi to know, but this time the doctor had given me specific time, hence had to take an off.
I went in the kitchen and stood near the counter looking at bhabhi and Asad arguing over chopping Vegetables.

Asad looked at me, smiling when suddenly he hissed in pain," ouch!"
Without thinking much I rushed towards him, throwing my sling bag on the floor,I took his cut hand in mine and kept it under the faucet.
"Zoya! It's nothing." He tried to remove his hand from mine but i held onto it tightly.
"Why can't you be careful Asad? You should hold the knife carefully, how careless of you." I kept on talking.
He held on my cheek with both his hands and suddenly asked," are you not well?why are your cheeks hot?"

Taking a breath I removed his hand from my cheek and replied," nothing, I have to go, bye." I then rushed out of the kitchen picking my bag in process and went out of the house.
What's wrong with me?
Why am I behaving like this infront of Asad?

I hailed a taxi and sat in telling the driver my destination.
I then checked my forehead with the back of my hand and cursed,my temperature was high.
And Asad knows now that am not well.

What will I tell him after I return?

Asad's P.O.V.

She wasn't well and just rushed out of the kitchen?
What's wrong with her?
Did she run because of the kiss I mentioned  last night?
Allah!
I don't even know why I said that.
I did mean it though just not without knowing Zoya's decision.
Would she kiss me if she was given a chance?
Keeping all those thoughts aside.

"Bhabhi I'll just be back," I then rushed out of the house following her, but she entered in a taxi and didn't see me, neither heard me when I called her.

Looking back and forth, I also hailed a taxi and told the driver to follow Zoya's taxi.
I had not even taken any money to pay the driver, but will see what to do later.

For now, I had to know where she was going, what made her rush even though she is sick.
I know she isn't well, I mean her temperature was high when i touched her cheeks, she was burning with fever.

It was a weekday,plus free hour so the streets were busy. There was a lot of traffic, but after around half an hour, Zoya's taxi finally came to a halt.
But what shocked me was her destination.
Why would she be coming to a palliative centre?

"Wait here, I'll be back after few minutes." Saying that to the taxi driver I followed Zoya inside, trying my best not to be seen by her.
After talking to the receptionist, she then headed towards a corridor, and turned right then entered an office.
After few minutes of me standing there, i then saw the door to the office open, so with my fast instincts, I entered the room on my right side to stay hidden from Zoya.

Closing the door, I stood behind it listening for any sound of Zoya from outside, just then a muffled sound asked,"who are you?"
I turned to see a teenage boy, lying on the bed.
I squinted my eyebrows at him a little angrily and kept my index finger on my lips to shush him.
He extended his hand towards the switch and asked alertly," tell me who you are otherwise I'll call the nurses."
Rolling my eyes and rubbing my forehead I muttered," am your new doctor."
He released his hand from the switch and asked," doctor?"
I nodded," yeah!"
What am I doing?

"Then why aren't you wearing lab coat and holding stethoscope?" He asked smirking.
"Not all doctors wear that!" I spoke in my defence.
"Really?but that's how doctors are always described." He stated, coughing a bit.
"Well not anymore, am the doctor from new generation so I don't wear all those boring stuff."I replied satisfied of my answer.
I also patted my back mentally for giving such a smart reply.

He chuckled eyeing me and said," I didn't knew that new generation doctors wear Tom and Jerry printed pyjamas."
Tom and Jerry?
I looked at myself, by bowing and face-palmed.
In the rush of following Zoya, i forgot that the clothes I was wearing was my tom and Jerry PJs for the bottom and plain grey t-shirt for the top.

I stood facing him and changing my voice to a little stern I said," now no more laughing kid, and why are you wearing this pipe in your nose?" Heading towards the boy, I looked at where the pipe was connected and asked," why is this pipe connected to a tank? Why are you in a hospital?"
He rolled his eyes and Chuckled," this pipe is for my breathing, I have Cystic Fibrosis."
"And what's that?" I asked curious to know.
"It's lung cancer doctor," he said the doctor part just to irritate me though. Cause I think he knew am not a doctor.
"Lung cancer? At such young age?" I asked pitying the boy.
There's alot to see in this world and his life is limited at such young age.

He smiled and asked," why are you asking me such questions? You would be knowing all this afterall you are a doctor."

"Ofcourse I know, I was just testing your biology knowledge."
I then looked at the vest he was wearing and before I could ask anything he spoke," it's an afflovest to remove the mucus from my lungs."
I rolled my eyes and replied while heading towards the door," ofcourse I know buddy, now you take care I have got other patients to tend to, am very busy."

And after coming out of his room all I heard was his chuckle and a few coughs.
I smiled, it was nice meeting him.
I just hope that he gets well soon.
I looked at the corridor ahead and saw that there was no signs of Zoya, I headed towards the office where she had gone before.
I had to know the reason why she visited the palliative centre.

*****

So guys why do you think Zoya visited the doctor?
And would Zoya kiss Asad if given chance?
Also any scenes if you want to be added do let me know.
Love
Shabz_Sam