Chapter Twenty Three.

****

Stop trying
to convince yourself
of the things
you already know.
Your head wants
another war
when your heart
needs to let go..

****

Zoya's P.O.V.

Today I was late coming home, cause I had to stand in long queue at the grocery store, and then had to wait almost for an hour for my pizza at the pizzeria beside the grocery store down the road near my workplace.

All the lights in the house were off except for the living room, with the heavy bags on my one hand and a box of pizza on the other, I headed towards the living room closing the door in process with my leg.

I saw the TV on, with wires connected while Asad and his puppy sound asleep.
Keeping the goods on the coffee table, I threaded back to lock the main door.
Pouring a glass of water for myself, I headed towards the couch and sat beside the sleeping Asad and flipped the channels until I came to the channel of cartoons.
They had the cartoon Stupid Dog on play.

My stomach grumbled,eyeing the pizza.
But I couldn't have it all alone.
I nudged Asad on his shoulder, he stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up.
I pushed harder, and this time he mumbled rubbing his eyes," what is it?"

"Wanna share the pizza?" I asked.
He looked at me and nodded," yeah sure!"
I opened the box and he took a piece first.
I eyed at him and said" gross! You should brush your teeth after waking up Asad!"
But he just shrugged.

I took a bite from my piece, watching cartoon when he spoke," I can't believe you watch cartoons!"
Rolling my eyes I muttered," i cant believe you play PS!"
He huffed and said," Fine!! We are even!"
I ignored and continued eating.
He had already gobbled up two pieces while I was still on my first, just finished eating halfway through the piece.

"How was your day?" I asked later when he was all quiet and not eating as well.
"Normal and yours?" He mumbled.
"Good but tiring!" I sighed.
"Tiring?" He asked showing a little interest in the conversation.
His eyes still fixated on the TV
"Yeah I went grocery shopping but didn't know what to buy."
He eyed the bags on the coffee table and said," so you bought everything?"
"Almost" I replied smiling.

"You are unbelievable," he muttered flipping the channel.
His puppy was sound asleep despite the noise from our bickering and from the TV.

I sighed not paying attention to the TV.
I felt sad.
Keeping the pizza box aside, I raised both my feet up and rested my face on my knees.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"I have never been this lonely in whole my life." I replied sadly.
I missed being at the orphanage.
I missed being with the kids and with Miss D'Souza.

"Lonely?" He asked and I nodded.
Looking at him I asked," what did I do wrong? Why cant we be friends?"
But he didn't answer instead ignored me and kept on flipping channels muttering," everything is boring in the TV today."
Angrily I took the remote control from him and kept on the coffee table, then holding both his hands I spoke," I have held you in captive, so you'll have to answer me! What did I do wrong?"
He rolled his eyes and said," I hope you know that just holding my hands wont be enough. I can just push you and go away."
I looked at my tiny hands holding his muscular ones, ofcourse I couldn't hold him put, cause I was nothing compared to his strength.
So an idea clicked in my head and removing my hands from his, I instead straddled him and locked him from the neck, by putting my arms around it.
"Now you can't leave without answering," I smiled triumphantly.

He gave me a lopsided smile and stood up, without holding me.
"Heyyy! Am falling!" I screamed, holding him tighter by the neck.
He held me by my waist and sat back on the sofa.
"What do you want Zoya?"he asked.
He is one strange person I have known in whole my life.
I just asked him a question two minutes back and he is asking what I want?
"What did I do wrong?"I asked again.

He loosened his grip, and spoke," can you sit on the sofa?"
I heed him and sat beside him on the sofa.
Patting his sleeping puppy, he muttered," stop acting as if you don't already know."
Switching off the TV, I replied," I wouldn't have asked if I knew."

Taking a piece of pizza from the box he answered," the one you working for is my dad."
"Oh! M! G! My Ahmad Is your dad? And Ayan Sir your brother?" I asked with my voice a little high.

He nodded standing up and said," now that you know, I'll go sleep. Good night Zoya."
"Nooo you can't yet go to sleep." I spoke hurriedly holding his hands to stop him from leaving

"Holding hands is against the agreement rule no.3." Asad warned.
I smiled shaking my head and replied," first it's rule number four and second you only said no hugging but holding hands wasn't mentioned."

"How many brothers do you have?" I asked out of curiosity.
Jerking my hand off his he mumbled," just one."
And answering that he left towards his room.

That means Mehreen Bhabhi is Ayan Sir's wife.
That means Ayan Sir is cheating Mehreen Bhabhi with his P.A.
That's why Asad didn't want to be my friend cause he thought I knew.
Cause he hates his brother, and me working for his brother made him hate me.

****

Asad's P.O.V.

How could she act so naive?
Am hundred and one percent sure that she knew Ayan being my Bhai, am sure she knew who she works for.

Girls are manipulative I tell you.

Lighting a cigarette and taking the gulp of vodka (which I hide it's bottle on the bookshelf behind some books.) So bhabhi can't find it.
Today my night will be spent by drinking I guess so I don't get the nightmares.

I don't even know for how long I sat on the floor beside my bed, drinking.
I might have been on my third bottle of vodka when a knock on my door was heard.
"You aren't allowed inside my room Zoya!" I shouted.
I smiled when I heard her sigh and then she spoke her voice a little muffled behind the closed door," but I want to clear some things."

Rolling my eyes I stood up, stumbling a little while walking towards the door.
Opening the door, I held it for support so I don't fall.
I was highly drunk.
"So Angel, what is it you want to clear?" I asked smiling.
"Angel?" She asked.
"What is it you want to clear?" I asked.
"Are you drunk?" She asked.
"Nop! Not at all!" She didn't had to know whether I was drunk or not.
"Yes you are! We will talk tomorrow, good night Asad!" After saying that she left.

I heard her bedroom door close, when I shouted," but am not drunk Angel."

*****