Day Three (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

"Guys, over here!" Calum yelled when he found a place to hide. Ashton ran there first while the other were still trying to run faster so that the zombies will lose them.

A few moments later, finally Alan, Luke, and Michael arrived at the hiding place. It's actually a big and deep hole on the ground with a big rock almost covering the hole. So the big rock was on top of the hole but it left a little space for anything to get into the hole. They hid there until there's no sign of zombies.

The little girl started to cry and they all tried to calm her down. Ashton covered the little girl's mouth when they heard footsteps near the hole. The footsteps stopped right beside the hole and they can even see the zombies' shadows. After a few minutes staying silent, the zombies finally left.

They didn't go out when the zombies left, they stayed there for awhile until they thought the zombies were really gone. Alan sticked his head out the hole and checked the situation outside the hole. He then got into the hole again, "the cabin is a bit far from here actually and it's not safe out there. Even if we don't see any zombies out there, we still have to be careful. Walk soundless, because they can hear us," he commanded. They all then nodded and so did the little girl. "Okay, let's go," Alan exhaled before stepping out the hole followed by the others. Ashton told the little girl to hop onto his shoulder again because he thought it's safer like that and the girl looked tired.

They walked through the woods slowly as they kept silent and tried to be ready to shoot whenever they see a zombie. They didn't know if they're paranoid or something but they felt like there's someone watching them. They brushed the feeling away because it can only make them more terrified. Things running passing them on the back or on their sides happened every time, wether it's an animal or something else, made them shaking and sweats dripping all over their body.

They almost reached the cabin but Alan who's leading the way suddenly stopped walking and that made the others stopped too. Alan was looking straight ahead making Luke, who's standing behind him, curious on what he's looking at. He gulped as he saw what's actually in front of them. Another one from their kind standing backing the guys. It was standing like a statue looking at a deer that's eating far in front of it. It started growling and Alan told the others to hide behind trees.

"Hide, hide, hide," he whispered fast and the others started standing behind trees and Calum accidentally stepped on a stick on the ground causing a loud crack. He immediately hid behind a tree when the zombie turned his head fast to the back. Feeling confused because it didn't see anything behind it, it looked straight forward again and started walking slowly to the deer. Ashton and the little girl peeked from behind the tree trying to figure out what the zombie was about to do.

The zombie walked more closer to the deer until suddenly it growled loudly and jumped to the deer and bit the deer on the neck and pulled the deer's skin with the zombie's teeth. The deer tried to kick the zombie but the zombie kept bitting the deer until its meat was showing and blood splashed all over the place. The deer was in pain when the zombie was eating it brutally. The little girl on Ashton's back started sobbing as she watched what's happening there. Finally, the deer gave up struggling and the zombie kept biting and eating it until its bones were showing. Half of the deer's body had been eaten by the zombie a few minutes later.

Alan looked back to the others and nodded telling them to start walking because the zombie was being distracted that time. Alan started stepping forward and he unpurposely did what Calum did before, stepped on a stick. It's hard to not step on a stick when they're in the middle of a forest. The zombie looked up and stopped eating. Alan widened his eyes then he quickly went back to his tree where he hid before. The zombie turned his head to the back slowly and Ashton also the little girl stopped peeking so the zombie won't see them. The zombie's mouth and hands were full with red liquid and the worst part was........it's walking to where they're hiding.

Michael found out about that because he heard footsteps. He slowly put his finger on the trigger and took a deep breath. Suddenly they heard loud screams far inside the woods and far from where they're hiding. Sounded like people screaming and it happened repeatedly. They also heard growling and gunshots. The zombie who was standing not far from them suddenly ran leaving them to where the sounds of screaming, growling, and gunshots from.

When the zombie left, they all then walked out from their hiding place. "What the hell was that?" asked Calum.

"I don't know, probably some citizens were deep inside the woods and being attacked right now," answered Alan. They still could hear screaming, growling, and gunshot sounds as they started walking again.

Ashton heard sobbing from behind him and that's when he started asking the girl, "What's wrong?" he asked. Ashton could feel the girl was shaking her head didn't want to tell Ashton what's wrong with her. Probably just because she saw how the zombie ate the poor deer.

"Don't worry, we'll arrive soon," Ashton told her. Luke heard Ashton talking to the girl so he turned around to look at him and the girl but he ended up pulling his trigger causing a loud bang from the gun.

"For fucks sake, Luke, what were you thinking? You could shot the girl!" Ashton yelled at Luke and Luke immediately shut him up by covering his mouth with Luke's hand.

"We're not alone," Luke said. Ashton turned around and saw them. They all started running to where they're standing and that's when Luke shouted, "Ashton, run!" as he started shooting again. Michael and Calum who found out what's happening then followed Luke to shoot the only-thing-that-should-be-killed aka zombies that were actually so far behind them. There were at least 5 zombies and as soon as Luke, Calum, and Michael started shooting, the zombies were getting closer to them and made Luke, Michael, and Calum ran away too. The zombies were actually don't have the strength to run after they turned into zombies. Maybe because of the virus. They became weak and stuff. But even like that, they're still a beast when it came to food. And their foods were surprisingly humans and animals.

Calum stopped and turned around, he pulled his trigger two times and the bullets hit two zombies. He could see them falling down after that. He laughed then he ran again when the rest of the zombies were still running to him.

They all ran so fast until they reached the cabin and quickly entered the cabin and locked the door. The girls were shocked when the guys slammed the front door. Ashton put down the little girl and the little girl immediately ran and hid in the kitchen.

"Stay away from the door," Luke spoke and they all nodded. The guys aimed their guns to the door and they all stayed silent inside the cabin. The girls slowly took their guns and aimed them to the door too. Brownie who was standing beside Katie suddenly ran to the kitchen and met the girl. She let the little girl hug her until the little girl feel a bit calmer.

"What's happening?" asked Sylvia.

"Zombies are chasing us here," Calum replied.

"Here? You mean here? To the cabin?" Amanda spoke and loud knocks on the door shocked them all. The knocks were getting louder and harder and sounded like not only one who's doing it.

---

That was hardcore, wasn't it? No? okay....

idk, the little girl came up to my mind..that's weird.

thanks for reading btw and sorry for typos and grammatical errors! xxx

Vomment and share would be appreciated :D