Day One (Part 3)

Grace kept holding her phone and her hands couldn't stop shaking. Bad thoughts ran through her mind. She was thinking about what was happening in her house. What will her family do when zombies were coming?

A few minutes later, they arrived at Grace's house and she immediately got off the truck and ran into her house. They didn't see any signs of zombies there. Seemed like they already left. But they can't believe what they're seeing there. Bodies were laying on the ground, red liquid of blood were all over the grass and walls, damaged cars, and many more.

"Grace!" Luke got off the truck and followed her. The others decided to stay in the truck while Grace and Luke went to check Grace's house.

Grace pushed her house door that was half opened slowly and she stepped into her house and Luke was behind her. She's so shocked because vases were on the floor and they all were broken, shattered glasses on the floor, and she couldn't be more shocked when she saw handprint on the window.

She walked to the window and looked at it, "is this...blood?" said Luke.

Grace then pulled his hand and started checking all over her house.

"Luke, I'll check the kitchen, and you please go check upstairs," she told Luke and he nodded. Luke then walked upstairs.

He walked around slowly, checking every detail of Grace's house. It was not that different with what happened downstairs. It was a mess up there. Blood and dirts were all over the place. He walked into every room there until he reached the last room. Grace's room. He walked in and her room was not that messy. In fact, he didn't think that zombies or her family were in here before. He walked around and found her desk drawer is half opened. He then pulled the drawer and found a handgun. Why would Grace keep a handgun in her room?

He then finally decided to go downstairs and ask her himself. He went to the kitchen but he stopped when he saw Grace was kneeling on the floor between her mom and dad. Her mom and dad's dead bodies. Grace looked up to Luke and he could see tears rolling down her cheeks. Grace then turned her head to the right and Luke did the same and that's when he found another dead bodies. Those were Calum's parents.

"Luke," Grace called but then she looked down. Luke didn't know what to do. She's sitting between her parents that were not alive anymore. Luke then saw another gun on Grace's dad's hands. And then he remembered that Grace's dad was a cop and that's why he got guns, and maybe that's why he told Grace to keep a gun with her too.

"Grace, take the gun," Luke said slowly. Grace then took the gun with her and she stood up. She looked at Calum's parents and her face showed that she just found out something.

"Where's Mali?" she said and after that, they heard screams outside the house followed by something hitting something so hard. Grace and Luke then ran outside. When they're already at the door, they saw Calum was standing beside the truck with a shovel on his hands and the others were wearing shock looks on their faces. It took a few moments for Luke and Grace to find out that there was a body laying right in front of Calum. Luke and Grace walked to Calum and stood beside him. And finally they realized that that was Mali's body. She didn't look normal. Pale skin, thick black eyelids, and blood on her shirt and a bit on her face and also blood dripping from her head probably because Calum hit her with a shovel on her head.

Grace then bowed her body and she took one of Mali's hands and she found a bitemark there. It's turning blue and very ugly and disgusting.

"She's been bitten," Grace explained.

"What? Did you mean that those things can turn us into one of them?" asked Michael and Grace nodded to him.

"I thought what they do is just eating us," Sylvia continued.