Day Seven (Part 3)

Something just passed by near the entrance and it was weird. The four of them held up their guns when they knew they weren't alone inside the drugstore. They started walking slowly to the entrance and kept their eyes open with their surroundings. The drugstore was silent before they suddenly heard a strange deep voice came from their left. Luke stepped forward and tried not to cause any sound.

"Luke," Sylvia suddenly gripped his arm. Luke, Calum, and Amanda looked at her and found that she was pointing at the cashier. They all turned to the cashier and widened their eyes, Amanda covered her own mouth to stop her from screaming. They saw their enemy in life standing behind the cashier holding a knife. A zombie holding a knife. It was just standing still there looking straight at the four of them. It did the deep voice again giving them goosebumps. Luke and Calum aimed their guns to the zombie immediately.

"We'll cover you. Go to the door," told Calum. Sylvia and Amanda with their own guns then walked to the door slowly trying to not get the zombie's attention.

"Woah," Calum said spontaniously when the zombie suddenly jumped to the front of the cashier and started swinging its knife. Luke panicked and so did Calum because the zombie was looking at the girls who were now holding each other looking at the hideous zombie.

Amanda looked at Calum and he just mouthed "don't move" to her. The zombie was still standing and looking at the girls, they didn't even know if the zombie noticed that Luke and Calum were there too.

Suddenly Calum and Luke heard something fell down to the floor behind them and when they turned around..

"Shit," Calum whispered because another zombie was standing behind them now. A bit far from them. 2 zombies in a place with the four of them and they believed they saw one of them ran so fast a few minutes ago. That means they're doomed.

The girls screamed making Calum and Luke turned around and saw them ducking and the zombie's knife was now far behind them. It tried to throw the kinfe to the girls and luckily it didn't hit them.

A growl was heard from behind and Luke and Calum knew that the zombie behind them was heading their way. The scary part was....it ran as fast as the one that was in front of the cashier and it made Cal and Luke panickly try to shoot it.

They pulled the trigger several times and missed several times. The zombie got nearer until it was really in front of them. Calum widened his eyes and then punched it right on the face making it stepped back and then forward again. He punched it and kicked it. At first the zombie didn't fight back until when Calum heard the girls screamed again, he lost focus and turned his head to the girls and Luke was trying to help them by shooting the zombie that was now gripping Amanda's shoulders. Sylvia was shooting the zombie too and the zombie was hit more than 1 time by Sylvia but it kept attacking Amanda.

Calum's heart was beating too fast just by looking at her being gripped by a zombie, he didn't realize that he was still dealing with a zombie he's fighting himself. The zombie suddenly pulled him by the hand until he fell to the ground then the zombie pulled him to the back of the store. More like, dragging him.

He wanted to call Luke but he knew Luke was helping his girlfriend so he didn't do it. He rather had his girlfriend alive than not.

He struggled to free himself from the zombie. He wanted to shoot it but he remembered he dropped his gun when he decided to kick the zombie's ass by punching and kicking it.

"CALUM!" he heard somebody said and a loud gunshot then echoed right after that person called him. He felt the zombie wasn't pulling him anymore. He didn't even feel the grip on his wrist from the zombie. He looked back to see the zombie was already on the floor lifeless. He sat up on the floor and couldn't stop panting.