Day Three (Part 3)

Michael kept his eyes wide open and looked around him and around the river. They all heard the noises, at first they ignored it, but since the noises got more clear, they walked out the river slowly and packed their things. They didn't leave the river after that. They aimed their guns to every moving things they see. They kept silent until they really didn't hear anything.

"I think we can go no- Ashton, don't..look back," said Michael when he turned around to see Ashton. Someone's behind him. Everybody looked at him and they widened their eyes in shock.

"What? What is it?" Ashton asked.

"Just, don't turn around," Michael said again.

"You made me curious just by saying that, Michael," Ashton rolled his eyes. Michael slowly pointed the gun to someone behind Ashton. Ashton turned around and he gasped then took some steps back.

It's a kid. It's the kid Michael saw before. And the kid was actually a little girl. She looked so dirty, wounds on every part of her body, bags under her eyes, and pale skin.

When she saw Michael pointing a gun to her, she immediately ran and hugged Ashton. He looked down at her with his heart beating so fast. He thought she will bite him and turned him into one of the zombies. But apparently, maybe she's normal.

"Michael, don't. I don't think she's infected," said Ashton rubbing the girl's head.

"I don't want to be here. They're chasing me," said the little girl as she looked up to see Ashton's face. He's right, she's not infected.

"Who- who's chasing you?" Calum asked the girl even though he thought he knew what's chasing her. Because they heard the creepy sounds again. Ashton pulled the little girl to him and held her close. The sounds were getting clearer and clearer and..

"Holy sh-" Luke murmured after he saw four zombies came out from the woods and stood in front of them. The zombies were actually just standing still and looking at them all.

"Stay close, sweetie," said Ashton to the girl as she moved behind Ashton and hid there. Ashton reloaded his gun and pointed it to the pale, ugly, and smelly zombies.

"Are we gonna shoot them?" Michael suddenly asked causing one of the zombie ran to him and attacked him. Instead of shooting, Michael screamed and tripped until he fell down to the ground.

"Michael!" Luke shouted and followed by everyone shouting his name.

He closed his eyes not wanting to see what will happen next. He heard the zombie was getting closer to him and then he felt blood splashed all over his face. Is it his blood or anyone else's? He opened his eyes slowly and saw the zombie was still standing and looking down at him. He wanted to scream again when he saw blood dripping through its forehead and the zombie suddenly fell to the ground beside Michael. Michael looked behind him and saw Alan aiming his gun to the zombie. He just shot it and saved Michael's life.

Alan walked to him and told him to get up. "We need to get out from here," he said pulling Michael's body up.

The other zombies were still there with them and they seemed want to run to them and eat them up. Ashton pulled the trigger causing the little girl squealed a little by the sound of the gunshot. The bullet hit a zombie's shoulder and then it looked at Ashton angrily. It growled and started running towards Ashton. The rest of the zombies did the same thing but to the other guys.

Ashton told the little girl to jump to his back so he could piggy back her to the cabin. They all ran into the woods and shot the zombies that were following behind them.

Alan, Michael, and Luke turned around and started shooting the zombies while Calum who's carrying a bag of fishes ran first to find a place to hide because the cabin was still far from where they were. Ashton followed Calum from behind with the little girl on his back. Alan, Michael, and Luke started running when the zombies stopped chasing them because they shot them a few times. With blood everywhere, the zombies were still able to walk or even run after them and that's the only thing that's scary.