Chapter 49: Dreadful Exposition

Magsimula sa umpisa

Absalon slammed his staff against the floor. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Come!"

"Come!"

Crash!

In the blink of an eye, Kashi's unseen charge was blocked by a magic circle right in front of Absalon's face.

"Heh," Kashi chuckled as his left fist struggled to break past the mandala. "Impressive."

Collective gasps echoed across the room at the daeben's blinding speed. But one man was not so impressed.

Absalon looked down at the daeben. "Speed isn't everything, amateur. [Repel]."

The mandala blasted Kashi away, but the daeben deftly regained his balance. He looked up to see missiles of debris speeding at him. He tracked their trajectory and then wove his way through them. Once out, Kashi once more charged at the Kertan mayor.

Bam!

Kashi's first punch fell on a mandala, but he retracted his blow before Absalon could cast [Repel]. Kashi then spun around and kicked at Absalon's head. Bam! Once again, another mandala barred his strike. Gritting his teeth, Kashi hopped over the immobile general and then attempted several more blows, but each was blocked by mandalas.

"Weak," Absalon muttered. "[Gravity]."

Kashi doubled over under pressure. Absalon slammed the daeben's chin with his staff, then tapped him on his abdomen. A mandala appeared on the daeben's midriff, then exploded.

Kashi coughed blood as he was sent flying across the room, but he caught his bearings and righted himself right before he hit the throne. He clutched his stomach and winced. Thanks to his decision to wear light armor, his body took close to the full brunt of most attacks. To make matters worse, he had not been hit with enough magic attacks to form a good enough resistance. He could not afford to take any more clean hits.

"What's the matter?" mocked Absalon. "Already done?"

Kashi wiped the blood dripping down his forehead. "My apologies. I seem to have underestimated you. I had hoped to hide these, but you leave me no choice."

Absalon's brows furrowed. "Hide what?"

The daeben clenched and unclenched his fists as bright green aura burst out from his palms. The jagged light smoothed out as it spread around his body, adopting a silky glow about him. "Earth-Shattering Technique, Second Form: [Gaia]."

Absalon frowned at the sight. "What skill is that?"

Vwoosh!

Kashi's burst of speed caught the mage by surprise, but a fraction of a second before the hit connected, a mandala appeared before him.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough this time.

Crash!

The mandala shattered from the daeben's blow. The fist connected with the mage's chin, sending Abslaon flying into the watching drakuls.