[Chapter Thirty-Four]

Chapter Thirty-Four

“So what do we do now?” I asked him once we had both calmed down a little and he shrugged

“Get to know each other, I guess.” I nodded and he turned sideways to face me and I went to do the same when he wrapped his arms around me and pulled my back to his chest so I was sitting between his legs.

“Okay, what do you want to know?” I asked him

“Favorite food?” he asked and I laughed

“Green. You?” this was pretty much always the first question someone asked, it was so classic yet boring at the same time.

“Blue. Favorite season?”

“Spring, how about you?” I asked

“Summer.” And it went on for an hour of random and extremely unimportant questions until we ran out of them and were forced to move onto more serious ones, damn it.  

“I think it may be a good idea to discuss after high school, where do you want to go for college? Where did you apply?” he asked me and I nearly groaned, this was a whole topic I didn’t want to have because it made me very uncomfortable.

“I put into at Columbia, UPenn, Harvard, Duke to say a few , but I would like to go to Duke or Columbia to maybe continue my business degree but I don’t know exactly what I want to do yet, how about you?” I asked

“I applied to probably the same places; I do want to get a business degree. I could be happy in any of those places but maybe New York wouldn’t be so bad to hope for if it’s where you want to go, I applied to Columbia too.”

“So did Alexis, we applied together.”

“You’ll probably get in, you have the best grades.” Getting in wasn’t my concern.

“I don’t worry about getting accepted I just don’t know if I’ll accept their acceptance or not yet.”

“What would you turn Columbia down for if you want to be in New York?” he asked me and I shrugged

“Oh I don’t know.” I said being vague because I knew exactly what but I didn’t like to talk about it.

“If you want a business degree then Columbia’s a top five school for it.” I shrugged again and he pulled back to eye me suspiciously. “Why in the world would you turn down UPenn though?” he asked and I picked at something on my clothes

“I don’t know.” I said and he glared lightly

“Trust Arianna, you want my honesty and I want yours, I don’t like being lied to.” he was mad, great. I didn’t want to anger him I just didn’t want to answer the questions that followed.

“Fine, Julliard’s been contacting me and I already have a place there, if I chose to accept it. I was going to there and get my MBA but if I have a baby I can’t take that much time away from them so I would have to pick one or the other and Julliard would be the best option right now I think, I could always go back for business later. There happy?” I asked a little annoyed, I barely knew him and I was already telling him. I didn’t like people knowing my secret.

“Are you forgetting you have to get a Bachelor’s degree before your MBA. Thinking that big already?” he teased and I avoided eye contact.

“Uh no, I didn’t forget.” I said slowly and he looked at me in a way I didn’t quite know how to explain

“No, no way that you already have it.” he said in disbelief.

“I don’t.” I said “Yet.” I added to the end and he just shook his head