[Chapter Nineteen]

Chapter Nineteen

I walked out and went to English; I needed my best friend, because now I was more confused than ever. What is his problem? One day he’s yelling at me and the next he kisses me. He ignores me, but will still does me a favor. He hurts me and blames me and then is trying to apologize and taking all the blame. I sat in my chair and groaned

“What happened? Did he hurt you again?” she asked and she looked ready to kill and I looked at her shirt, it was so true.

‘you insult me: I can handle it. You insult my best friend: I’m going to break your face’

“He apologized and he kissed me and I may have kissed him back.” I admitted, I shouldn’t have, it was encouraging his bad behavior but I couldn’t help myself, I was weak.

 “I swear this guy’s mood swings are worse than, well a pregnant girl” she looked at me and laughed and I followed right after her, leave it to Alexis to crack a joke at a time like this.

The bell rang and then the door opened and Damon walked in, I looked at my desk, I couldn’t meet his eye, I could see Alexis smirking from her seat and I glanced at him and wanted to laugh. Damon was just standing there staring at her cautiously and then I remembered her shirt and smiled.

I spent my free period babysitting workers again and I was so angry I was about to just fire them all, their idiocy was putting me massively behind and I didn’t even have time to make a longer list.

Do you know how hard it is to order books for an entire library? I have all the departments telling me what they want, I have the principle to answer to and a board has to approve books to make sure they’re appropriate for a school library and everyone wants it done now! Well get in line because I’m done with this too.

I had the first shipment of books coming in, more desks, more tables, couches, and decorations and I couldn’t get a single fucking thing done until they figured their shit out and did their damn jobs.

Wow I’ve really started to curse a lot, not great timing; a habit I’ll have to break if I keep the baby, I didn’t have time to do anything but worry about this stupid thing so Alexis came in during lunch and threatened to shove food down my throat, stupid best friends.

I ended up in the bathroom throwing up, thankfully after my economics test, this is why I didn’t want to eat lunch! If I was breathing I felt sick, if I didn’t eat I had huger pains that made me feel sick and if I ate I actually got sick, it was really fucking frustrating.

The stress of them really wasn’t helping which left me leaning against the wall feeling pretty miserable.

“Arianna?” I heard his voice call out softly and I put my hands in my head and groaned in annoyance but it was also sweet he came to check on me, stupid emotions and now I want to cry, fantastic.

“Damon, this is the girl’s bathroom, you know” but he came and sat next to me anyway, throwing an arm around me and pulling me against his side.

“I just wanted to make sure you were okay. The teacher said to go to the nurse for the rest of class, and I didn’t know if you had a toothbrush in your back pack or not” he said to me softly and for a moment I just let myself enjoy this as I leaned into him.

It was supposed to be like this anyway, him being here and helping me through this, damn it why isn’t it men who are pregnant? Being pregnant sucks and now I’m actually crying, freaking wonderful.

I just wanted to know what the hell his issue was! I hated not knowing and I hated having emotional whip-lash from him, I was confused and annoyed and angry and frustrated and happy he was here, ugh I’m stupid.