[Chapter Twenty-One]

Chapter Twenty-One

We picked up a very excited Lucy and hit up the grocery store before driving a little over an hour to the camp site I picked out, it was a great place for a seven year old; not too many woods to scare her.

We had music playing the whole time as we sang along in the car, Mason and I snapping pictures every other second while Alexis drove, she was used to them by now so she didn’t get too annoyed. Lucy was more than willing to have her picture taken and do cute little poses.

 We’re going to have hundreds if not hit a thousand before this weekend is over with Mason and I having cameras each. I also picked up disposable ones and water proof, no type of camera should be disregarded and that way Lucy can run around with them and if she drops them it’s not a big deal.

I had tons of memory cards for the camera’s the three of us would be using. I probably had a hundred or more memory card that I kept in special books. I only used one memory card for one occasion no matter how full they were. I put them in order with the dates and occasion so that I would always be able to find them for more pictures later.

When we got there we went to work quickly because it was supposed to rain and we didn’t want to be doing it when that came. Mason and I set up the two tents while Lucy tried to help Alexis with the Gazebo to go over the table. we also had a thing that went from one tent to the other making a sort of make shift entry way to the tents so the doors were facing each other.

We had one that zipped that would help keep bugs out and rain out too if it hit us from any side. Next we had to work together to get the fire cover up; it went from tree to tree and hung over it and came own on the sides a little to protect the fire.

Mason took Lucy to get fire wood while Alexis and I started setting up the insides of the tents with the air mattresses, blankets, pillows, flashlights, lanterns and making sure bags were in the right place.

When they got back we decided to go on a walk until it got too dark to go out and since it hadn’t started raining yet, it was a perfect time to enjoy the scenery.

We gave Lucy two disposable cameras and Alexis took her personal one while Mason and I switched back and forth between the compact and SRL, which Alexis teased us relentlessly about the entire time, which didn’t really bother us.

Mason and I shared a love for photography and nature and we wanted to capture as much of it as we could. The walk was really calming and just what I needed to get away from the stress of life. The trails were beautiful and it was chilly but it wasn’t horrible.

We spent maybe two hours walking around and finding unique looking things. I would take secret pictures of Mason and Alexis wrapped up in each other, holding hands, kissing, walking side by side and being playful, they were sweet.

I also got some of Lucy skipping holding their hands as she towed them in front of me. I made them pose and Mason took a bunch of us as well, the memory cards would be full before we knew it and I was glad all that space wouldn’t be going to waste.

We headed back to the site when Lucy, the poor little thing was getting cold and the baby was getting hungry. That would be my excuse for everything the whole pregnancy when I’m always eating, it’s not me, it’s the baby that wants It, makes me look like less of a pig.

Mason started the fire and Alexis and I picked out the food we were going to cook, they wanted burgers so I made them some while I busted out my veggie patties and we cooked them over the fire.

I’ve learned the past couple weeks that I can’t really stand meat, it just makes me sick. I can eat some things but burgers, steak, roast beef, ham, turkey; those made me insanely sick.