[Chapter Twenty-Six]

Chapter Twenty-Six

I just stared at him frozen, he cannot be here, I hinted at the father and I just, please tell me he didn’t hear that part!

“Are you going to answer me? You’re pregnant?” he asked me again, and not that he knew it was any of his business but what made him think he just deserved an answer.

“Yes, I’m pregnant” I confirmed

“Who’s the father, Liam?” he asked and I rolled my eyes, of course he would think that.

“I’m over three months pregnant.” Liam was in Europe then

“Who is it then?” he asked me and I took a deep breath so I wouldn’t lose my temper

“Nobody and how is this your business? Now leave me alone.” He didn’t know so he had no right to sit here and ask!

“Nope, come on, let’s go make sure the doors are all locked” he reached a hand down for me.

“I’m not going anywhere with you.” I ignored his hand

“I’m sorry. What I said was uncalled for and rude. I ran after you, but didn’t know exactly where you went until I heard you talking to yourself, or well, your baby.” He trailed off and he looked at my stomach which made me uncomfortable for some reason.

Our baby. I was talking to our baby! Why couldn’t I just say that?

“Why do you care if you hurt my feelings or not, you obviously didn’t in the library?” I said instead

“Can we walk and talk?” he asked. No, but did I have a choice? No, so I nodded and went to get up. He reached down and grabbed my hands and pulled me up, why did he have to touch me all the time?

“Thank you” I figured I would be polite. And we started walking towards the offices to start there.

“I am sorry for what I said in the library and showers” he said after we had been walking in silence for a few minutes

“Why do you hate me so much?” I asked him and he chuckled and then sighed

“I don’t hate you, Arianna” yeah not yet, just wait till I tell you that I lied to you not only at the party, but for the past almost three months at school, and this baby is really yours.

You’re always sorry

“I know” he stopped to face me, at least I didn’t say that first part out loud, that would be bad. “I am always sorry, and I am always screwing up and being an asshole to you.” I stared into him eyes, and couldn’t look away. He brought his hand up and brushed some hair away from my face. We stayed locked in eye contact for at least a couple minutes. He had such amazing eyes, and right now they showed such honestly and compassion, his eyes flickered to my lips causing me to snap out of it and break the eye contact.

“We should finish checking the doors, and then I need to call my parents, and you should too.”

“Good idea” he smiled sadly.

We continued to walk around to the doors in silence we were almost done with the door check, and so far they were all locked.

“So who’s house were you at?” I asked him

“Oh, uh. I was at Lisa’s house” of course he was. I wanted to get angry and hit him and start yelling, but I knew I had no right too, and I hated that. The pregnant part of me wanted to cry and tell him to be with me but I had to fight that part of me and just move on.

“Oh.” Was my brilliant response as we checked the last door. “I’m going to go call my parents” I mumbled before hurrying off to the library where my phone was charging. I felt tears threatening to escape from my eyes, and it made me angry with myself