The night is young and clearly, not wishing to be over. I rest in one of his shirts and a pair of lounge bottoms, curling up within the warm sheets. He climbs in once he's all dry, resting his head on my chest as Sugar jumps up into the bed to join us. She dashes for Harry of course, leaving me in the dust as he chuckles in response, petting her head in delight.

 She dashes for Harry of course, leaving me in the dust as he chuckles in response, petting her head in delight

"See, you're her favorite and you know it too," I say.

"Are you actually jealous Layla James?"

"Oh, please. Don't start with me again. We've had this conversation before. She goes to you for some loving and she comes to me for treats. Fair is fair."

"It's because I give the best type of loving."

"Yeah, sure, that's it."

"You weren't arguing with me earlier. Hmm? Remember what happened less than five minutes ago in the shower?"

I brush him off, rolling to my side to sit up on the bed. He isn't finished with this conversation, holding a certain playfulness as he reaches me. He smells of the rose and lavender body wash in my shower, a smell I've grown to love even more when it sits upon his flawless skin. I pretend I don't remember prior events, shrugging my shoulders, squealing instantly as he pins me down upon the bed, giving me little bird kisses all over my face.

"No, stop it!"

Sugar begins to lick my face as well as I struggle to get free. He lifts up the ends of my shirt, pressing his warm mouth onto my damp skin, causing me to squirm even more at such a marvelous and magical sensation. "I know you're ticklish. I know your weaknesses little darling, you can't mess with me," he says, venturing up higher and higher to tend between both my breasts.

"How can you possibly have any more energy?" I ask, gasping as he takes me in between his lips.

He gives the nip of my breasts a good taste, proceeding to go forth with the other before he speaks. "I may have had a shot of espresso before dinner."

"Why, did you actually think you were going to get lucky with me? Hmm?"

He rolls his eyes, he actually rolls his eyes, causing my eagerness to get him back to increase as I struggle to get free from his strong grip. "Little darling, every moment with you is lucky. Don't be mad now that you're not as clever as me."

"You mean more like annoying, rather than clever."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

He bites down on my skin ever so gently, causing me to release a fit of laughter, pleading for him to stop as a mix of pleasure begins to get involved. "You're in trouble baby, so, so much trouble. Time for you to get some of that good loving."

"Please, don't refer to it as that."

"You're not exactly in a position to argue. I have you all pinned down, I could enjoy you so much Frank the doorman could have some questions."

"Don't bring Frank into this, please Harry. You're ridiculous."

He scrunches his nose together, chuckling a bit in response. "You're right, let's forget about that."

"Kind of difficult now."

"I think I can be of help," he says, providing myself with a proper and special kiss, tasting of all good things summer has to offer in the middle of January. I enjoy myself, forgetting about everything and anything as I take control, hovering about his body as I straddle his waist. I keep the kiss going, realizing that I too, want more. I crave more. This moment can't end here. However, the sudden ring and buzzing of a phone on the end table, does just that. It ruins the moment. We're both startled, groaning as he reaches for it, frowning as he sees the person responsible. I remain on top of him, holding onto his thighs for support, not knowing who is at fault for such an unhappy response. He doesn't answer the call, sending it straight to voicemail. Yet, before I can ask him who it is, he asks to be left alone, walking out of the bedroom. I remain in place, confused and dumbfounded at what exactly just happened. Sugar feels the same way, looking back and forth between me and the door he just exited.

I hear him return the call in the living room, carrying on the conversation at the other side of the apartment, not giving any the opportunity to listen. I don't mind, never being the type to eavesdrop on other people's conversations, yet he's never really been the type for secrecy. He's always taken every and any call in front of me, not caring for me to hear because he always referred to us as the dream team. Ever since returning from Cannes and our unbeatable reunion, we promised to keep any secrets off the table. They're the key to breaking any good relationship and we didn't want to take any chances. We would be honest, open, and vulnerable with one another, allowing us to fall if only into each other's arms. So, it baffles me to see him like this as I know this isn't a phone conversation he wished to keep. After a few minutes, I decide to venture out into the kitchen for a snack, considering we didn't eat most of our dinner back at the restaurant. I grab a bowl of leftover fruit salad, pouring some into a plate, tasting the strawberry flavor on my mouth as the man who is the epitome of such a berry arrives. He's upset, that's very clear as he wipes away the anger from his face, forcing a timid and reserved smile. That smile, is not a true smile, not from him. If he granted that smile to a stranger, they wouldn't know the difference. They would be joyous for such a moment. But, I know. I know the truth. That's a false and saddened smile. And unfortunately, I don't think I'm ready to know the reason behind it.