Goddess

Harry

The taste of golden champagne upon my lips mixed with hints of tequila, rum, and vodka is the perfect combination for an imperfect evening. My goal is to suppress the bittersweet sadness that I felt in the very pit of my stomach ever since the final song was enjoyed throughout the arena and the curtains were drawn. I couldn't help myself, the idea that this wouldn't be my life for god knows how many number of months was enough to draw the tears out. The thought of not having the opportunity to perform for my adoring fans and of course, a certain woman is an aftermath that I wasn't exactly prepared to cross. I didn't think I'd find her there after the concert, slowly and bravely approaching me as I sat quietly upon the empty stage. Sometimes, I prefer to be alone, to have the chance to cope with my thoughts and emotions without the constant judgement and critique. I didn't know that I needed her so badly in that very moment as she allowed me to rest my head upon her shoulder and just be me. It felt so good to just fucking relax and allow those feelings to sink in and spread for another. It felt so nice to have her warmth and kindness by my side as I tried to restore together a sinking ship.

She's not like women I've met and come across before in my past, that was made highly obvious from the moment she stormed and marched into my life

She's not like women I've met and come across before in my past, that was made highly obvious from the moment she stormed and marched into my life. She's serendipity at its finest, drawing me in, captivating me with every single glance and touch. She's the melody I didn't know I needed, the color I was missing in my everyday life. I feel at ease with her, I feel like myself, like I don't have to try so hard. It's so damn refreshing to let my guard down, to allow my heart to feel what it wants to feel for the first time in my life. And my heart, wants her. It has wanted her from the very second I laid eyes upon her in Cannes. For choosing to let her go was a decision I will forever regret as it haunts me on occasion when I'm left alone, fearing she may walk away from me one day in return. Yet, I try not to let the alcohol consume my thoughts as the music roars cheerfully in the background.

I try to fixate my attention on the very woman who has my heart, wearing hers and mine upon her sleeve as she focuses on the tireless conversation at hand. Jeff surely out did himself this time as the entire city has attended such a lavish party, hoping to partake in whatever headlines or free booze there is to offer at midnight. I don't care for the mindless chatter, expensive drinks, or quick sex. Not this year. I care about the shy woman who I keep wrapped around my arms, kissing down her neck as I pull her into the single quiet spot in the entire room. She smells of rose and tequila, tasting like the perfect combination of seductive sweetness. Her eyes shut in bliss as my mouth finally meets hers, allowing the mix of alcohol and admiration to take control. She leaves me completely and utterly breathless, wrapped around her pretty little finger as I rest my temple upon hers, truly looking into those beautiful eyes that have somehow become my entire world. I'm sure she can feel my racing heart as she traces delicately across my collarbone, far too soft spoken to say what's on her mind. Yet, before I can ask, I'm pulled into the center of the room to cut the celebratory cake.

Jeff is far too witty and quick for me after all these years, pressing my entire face into the savory treat as frosting covers every inch of me. I curse his existence, not amused in the slightest bit as such a rare moment is caught upon film and photo. Huffing to myself, I wash down the vanilla and chocolate with even more champagne, walking over to where Layla stands, witnessing the small giggles escaping her lips. "You find this funny, hmm?" I ask her, hoping to keep a straight face myself.