Skyline

Layla

The shop is filled with glistening chandeliers and an array of unusual and unique statues and keeps. I wander through each section, enjoying the jazz music playing through the speakers and the company of the man who looks around with me. He makes a few compliments here and there, mainly focused on furniture or music or art pieces that we come across. I trace the exterior of a glass lamp that must be from the twenties, observing its beautiful designs and shapes that are crafted around it.

 I trace the exterior of a glass lamp that must be from the twenties, observing its beautiful designs and shapes that are crafted around it

"How did you find this place?" I ask Harry, in absolute and total awe, making my way towards the many records that are placed in neat cardboard boxes

"Found it by accident when I first moved here. I was lost and I stopped to find my way home. Just felt good about it somehow...serendipity as you may say."

"Is this where you buy most of your art from?"

"Yeah, bits and pieces. Some may think it's weird and overrated...but I like it. I like that there could be a story behind it."

"No, I get that completely."

We make our way towards the many, many accessories in the middle of the shop. The scene is steady with customers continuously coming in and out of the well known place. Thankfully, we haven't created a ruckus just yet. Occasionally, we get stopped for a photo here and there, but nothing to truly spoil the moment. My attention falls upon a pair of pink heart shaped sunglasses as I place them on, knowing they're way out of my comfort zone.

"What do you think?" I ask Harry, earning a look of approval.

"Very cool." He reaches for a silly and outrageously colored rainbow scarf, wrapping it around my neck. I proceed to argue, yet he captures a photo for evidence. "Beautiful," he says, laughing lightly.

"You're so, so funny."

"Why, thank you."

"I was being sarcastic."

"Oh really? So you don't want to hear a new joke?"

"Harry Styles, don't you dare."

"What does the ocean do when it sees its friends?"