Happiness

Layla

A night filled with blissful slumber leaves me with roaming thoughts about a particular British musician. I dream about his contagious laugh and his beautiful smile. I dream about how it would actually feel for him to press his lips onto my own. I groan to myself as I remain tangled within the comforting silk sheets, despising how my heart feels. I'm being foolish; I sound like an utter and hopeless teenager. I decide to occupy my time and mind with my phone as I reach for it from the bedside table. The hour is close to eight in the morning as the day is sure to begin anytime soon. I check and scroll through some work emails, responding to a few before finding my way to Instagram. And as I begin to scroll through my feed, it's then in which I view the message notification. I click on it, inevitable it may seem as a smile reappears onto my face.

 I click on it, inevitable it may seem as a smile reappears onto my face

harrystyles: You should post this one.

Below his message, I see the picture he took of me just last night. I look genuinely happy as I sheepishly smile his way, a summer breeze flowing through my hair as I sit on the warm white sand. Nervously and out of habit, I chew on my lower lip, trying to compose a proper response. What on earth do I say? Do I thank him? Do I not respond? As apparent as it may seem, my involvement with men in the past has been basically succumbed to nonexistent. Sure, I've been on a few dates here and there set up by the agency. Sure, I've grabbed coffee with a costar before filming, but nothing serious nor thought provoking has ever actually occurred.

Which is the sole reason why as to how inexperienced I actually am at this sort of thing. Especially with a man as handsome, kind, and undeniably charming as Harry. I'm not a fool, I know he's stirred headlines in the past and I don't wish to be another. I also feel I'm probably thinking far more into this message considering we just met and we're only friends. I look at the photo on my screen, deciding to actually post it without another single thought. I'm not big on captions nor do I care for the amount of likes or comments. I simply add an emoji of a bright star underneath, enjoying how happy this picture makes me.

Immediately, the source of support comes pouring in along with the occasional hate that I try not to read

Immediately, the source of support comes pouring in along with the occasional hate that I try not to read. But, it's then that a certain notification takes me by surprise and that's with a single new follower that I see, revealing that none other than Harry Styles himself now follows me. I curse under my breath, clicking on his username, fondly looking through his feed of random photos and promotional gigs and songs. Nothing personal, nothing to share a true peak into his life behind a lens. I decide to do the unexpected, I follow him back, certain many many people will begin to look far more into this notion. I return back to the message box, deciding to compose a clever reply.