Internships 9 (Adventures In Hosu)

インターンシップアー

Izuku ducked under a kick. He then rolled to the side to avoid the foot that came down and stomped where he was a second ago. He stood up and blocked a punch, moved to the side to dodge another punch and got hit in the face by a third punch. He stumbled back before he noticed that he couldn't feel the floor below him and fell on his back. He rolled to evade another stomp, then another, then another and another. He put his hand on the floor and twisted his body so that he kicked his assailant's feet. The opponent fell down but quickly put his arms before him. He used his arms to hold himself and got into a handstand before folding so that his legs were facing Izuku, who was getting up, and kicked him. Izuku fell on his butt.

"Okay, that's enough for now." said Hisashi, helping his son up.

Izuku held his head.

"I can still feel that kick."

"Well, that's your fault."

"How is that my fault?"

"Let's see. When I kicked you and you ducked, you could've retaliated since I was off balance having my leg up, you rolled away instead. After blocking my punch, you moved to the side. You moved your whole body to the side. You should've moved the part of your body I was targetting as what you did allowed me to easily use my other fist. You were also focused only on the fist you dodged, not focusing on my other. When fighting opponents, remember that the whole body is a weapon. If you dodged an arm, there's another arm at the ready. If you blocked a kick, anotherleg is there as well. If you evaded a headbutt, the enemy still has the rest of the body. You should focus on every part of your opponent, especially if they have a mutation or close quarter quirk."

"...Yes, dad..."

"Don't be like that? Not many can hold out this long against me."

"Except the other 6 top heroes and some others."

"Ranks aren't measured by strength alone."

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry."

"Don't sweat it."

"Too late for that." Izuku guestured for his sweat-drenched body.

"Oh...right...Let's take a shower."

インターンシップアー

Izuku has been training with both Hisashi and Torino for two days now. Hisashi focused on close combat without relying on quirks and ways to exploit openings. He even prepared some papers where Izuku is supposed to break down the quirk and discover its weakness, which was enforced using the simulator.

'Hm...Some villains with long range quirks learn martial arts in case of close combat, but most disregard it and usually stay a far distance away from heroes. If someone with experience in close combat was to reach them, there's a very high chance of defeating the villain without any issues. Oppositely, villains with close-range quirks don't come up with defenses against long-ranged ones, believing that every fight they're gonna deal with will be close and personal. The problem lies with mid-range quirks as those mostly don't have problems with long-ranged quirks nor close-ranged, but that depends on the quirk.'

"But remember! Even those with close-range based quirks can create ways to defend themselves from other ranged ones. Take All Might, for example. His quirk mainly gives him unbelievable strength and speed, which he uses in close combat. When facing a close-range quirk, it's no problem. When facing mid to long-range, he tries to reach them and deal with them. While this works with most, it doesn't work with all. Thus, he found a solution. He uses the shockwaves generated to attack villains. The shockwaves can be considered mid to long-range depending on how strong and far they can travel. He even came up with Area-Of-Effect attacks to get rid of several enemies in one go in a certain radius. He even had to resort to throwing rocks and cars on some villains that he can't reach nor can his shockwaves." explained the hero.