12.2 ▌Contributor of Medical City

THEIR GROUP traced their way back with Beanca entering every door they had passed by. Upon entering a classroom on their fifth try, no students were instantly in sight. Elise's eyes roamed and landed on the huddled circle at the far end of the room. 

Not one even noticed their entrance as their chatters grew louder upon watching the ongoing fuss with various ranges of interest. Elise swallowed a sigh of relief after she saw a glimpse of familiar purple locks surrounded by others.

But upon closer inspection, there were two of them. A back of purple hair was already distinct enough but Sapphire's white-colored capelet was even more prominent among the mass of burgundies and blacks.

"Let me handle this, sire," Beanca volunteered and left without waiting for Aricson's reply.

"You!" 

Elise's attention was quickly caught by the loud shriek. Skin and skin met with force as Sapphire caught the other girl's arm before a slap could mark her face.

"That was rude," Sapphire grumbled.

"How dare you touch me!" Flashing looks were solely directed at Sapphire. 

The girl's hand flew once again and Sapphire blocked it. 

Just in time, Beanca reached the students' side but a shadow passed her with unbelievable speed and Elise was now all alone at the door.

Aricson was right in front of the two girls in just a moment. A long staff with edges forming silhouettes of raging flames defended against the thin sword that was crystal clear, identical to rigid icicles.

The girl glanced up and quickly kneeled as though she recognized Aricson. The surrounding students kept their heads lowered too.

"Greetings, Rei!" they said, almost in unison.

The red eyes were dulled as his expression darkened. He pulled back his weapon and it disappeared into thin air.

"Exemplary casting and a sacred artifact from the mermaid tribe," Aricson stated. "Are you perhaps planning to be a magic knight? I must have not visited for so long that the rules may have changed. I thought this room was only for studying, not for executions of magic and sword fighting."

The girl kept her silence as Aricson continued, "You must have seen that she is not wearing a uniform, correct? What if you had harmed a Mundran from your reckless action, young miss? Are you prepared for the consequences?"

Aricson got his poker face and grim voice on. They were in school and she reminded him of a terror college professor. The kind that seldom got angry but when they did, even the toughest student would regret it.

"I b-b-beg for the forgiveness of my actions, s-sire," the girl pleaded, her gaze deeply rooted in the ground.

"I hope this won't happen again."

"Of course, s-sire."

Without saying anything, Aricson left and the three of them followed behind him.

"What did you get yourself into?" When the door closed, Aricson disciplined Sapphire without wasting any second.

"I saw someone with hair like mine and I asked her why we were the same. Too bad she cannot answer my question since she has a hard time understanding. But I don't like her though. She tried to slap me for no reason."

Sapphire told everything that had conspired before they saw her, pausing once in a while as she did her habit until Aricson had enough.

"Stop biting your nails, Sapphire."