24.1 ▌The Blue Moon Ritual

Year 3988, 5th Day of the 10th Moon
Ember Isle, Fliamma Kingdom, Continent of Humana

WHEN THE luminous pristine glow of the moon was replaced by the azure luster that tinted their whole surrounding, it was another wonder that awed Elise's mind. Yet, it could not distract her from what was about to come.

It was the day she had been waiting for.

Her fingers fidgeted on her ears, her mind running in chaos. She should calm down and let fate take its course but apprehension still lingered.

"Look! It's Elder Sis!" Faylinn's voice came near her.

The two of them were sitting across the open veranda of a pastry shop that overlooked the streets lit by cerulean lanterns.

Faylinn stood up from her chair and waved as she yelled for Dryann.

The colorful tents she had seen before were changed into a deep blue shade. It was as if the place was made to make a background for Dryann's group and make them the center of attention.

When Elise stated that this world was full of beautiful people, she was not kidding. Just looking at Dryann's companions was enough testament. Red, white, blonde, and even pink. That alone was conspicuous enough but Faylinn's shouting garnered them more eyes.

Her gaze met Dryann's but the latter quickly turned her back and pulled Isabella away followed by the other women.

Faylinn clicked her tongue. "I swear Sister can be so annoying. How can she just ignore me? She even has Lady Kyra with her and I'm planning to make her model our latest works. Such a waste of opportunity— oh! Why don't you do it, Elise? I'm sure a new face will pique their curiosity."

"Huh?" Her brow shot up. She was just listening to Faylinn's monologue but then it was suddenly directed to her.

"You have the looks. Your black and pink hair is the perfect contrast that would suit our current collection's theme and with that face! Who can say bad things about the fact that our eldest brother chose?" she gushed, her energetic smile brimming from end to end.

"I don't think I can," she rejected and quickly added before Faylinn could speak. "By the way, when is your brother coming?"

She mentally sighed. It was supposed to be their last moment but he was not even here.

"Can't tell. He said he'll meet grandmother so maybe he'll be back in an hour or two at most."

"I see."

"Anyway, are you done? Let's go around. There's always some interesting stalls during the festival." Faylinn tugged her up and they departed the shop.

ELISE FINALLY realized how Aricson had felt during the past days she had been dragging him. Nevertheless, she was nothing compared to Faylinn's inexhaustible energy.

She could not take note of how many stalls and shops they entered in just an hour.

"What do you think, Elise?" Faylinn twirled around after fastening the maroon cape. It covered her shoulder like a shawl and flowed freely up to her feet.

"It suits you."

"I know right? I'll take this. Give me a moment."

Faylinn settled her payment and when they went out, there was a queue blocking the entrance. Faylinn approached one of the women in line.