2

Saffron

"Saffron, I love you, you're so beautiful and smart- no matter what happens, stay strong,"

I jolted awake at those words.

"Mum," I whispered, "Mum?"

However, when I opened my eyes, I saw a couple of paramedics and a helicopter.

So I had just been shipped off.

"Take me back home,"

"It's gonna be okay,"

"Who are you?"

"I'm Landon, and this is Olivia,"

I shook my head, going to cover my face with my hand, only to find it in restraints.

"They thought you'd lash out,"

"Please take them off,"

"We can't, doctors orders,"

"Well fuck them," I shouted, "Let me go! Take me home! Mum will be waiting,"

Cautiously, Olivia brushed her fingers through my hair, and I heard the radio be turned up. All I could muster were more tears, and clenched teeth.

"I'm not even badly hurt, let me go,"

"You split your head open, sweetheart... and you have concussion,"

"I'm not hurt," I whispered, "Please, you can put them back on when we land,"

Landon grabbed a needle and filled it with something, and I fought against my restraints to try and get away.

"Don't put me to sleep again,"

"I'm sorry, I really am sorry,"

"No you're not,"

I broke out into sobs, wanting nothing more than a reassuring hug from my mum, then my body became weak and numb.

For as long as I could, I fought the sleep, but then I realised it would give me escape from the torture of seeing the body in my mind, and gave in.

**

"You put her in fucking restraints?"

"Doctors orders,"

"I don't bloody care, that's my niece, how dare you put her in restraints,"

"Cal, she's gonna be okay, there's just a hell of a lot of relaxers in her,"

"Leave,"

The door slammed shut and I flinched, daring to open my eyes and look around. I watched as Calum- I think- undid my restraints, gently pulling me into his arms.

"I don't know how awake you are, but you're safe now. You're with us, we're gonna be okay,"

"Everyone has been so horrible,"

Hushing me, he kissed my head, then gently wiped my tears with shaky thumbs.

"This is Michael, he's gonna check you over, then we are gonna get you home,"

"My chest hurts really badly but they wouldn't listen," I whimpered, "They said it didn't,"

"How does it hurt sweetheart? Is it sharp, or aching,"

"It just, breathing,"

"It's probably stress," he said, listening with his stethoscope, "If it persists we will take you for a scan, I promise,"