Chapter 36

Shikikan: Taihou we need your planes in the sky right now, Ise get the guns ready. Takao aligns your ship to the formation and Belfast....

Belfast: Here's you flak jacket my lord.

Shikikan: Thank you but I need you on the sea now. Nelson you going with Belfast.

Nelson: Aye commander.

Hyuuga: What do you think it is?

Shikikan: I don't know, but we can't let it pass. This is a totally new signature I have never seen or heard before and we don't have any match in the database too. If we let it slide now we may never know what it was.

Graf Spee: Miss Akashi, you have to come down.

Akashi: .......Nya......what is that??

Akashi squint her eyes to look at the dot far away at the horizon and felt the blazing gaze of someone staring back at her. Akashi's hands started sweating and her body trembled with fear, she was no longer able to grip the pole and fell down right at the arms of Graf Spee who had taken off her metal claws.

Graf Spee: Miss Akashi are you all right?

Akashi continued to shiver in fear.

Akashi: Nyoooo......

Kirishima noticed Atago's ears twitch as she stared at the object far away.

Kirishima: Are you alright?

Atago: ...

Atago came back to reality as she felt Kirishima's hand on her shoulder, she was enticed by the aura she felt from the ship.

Atago: It felt like I am being stared.

Kirishima looked at the unknown vessel.

Kirishima: Something is really wrong.

Belfast jumped out of the ship and from beneath the water, her ship emerged like a dolphin.

Belfast: Welcome lady Nelson.

Nelson smiled as she stepped over the deck of HMS Belfast.

Nelson: Your ship is the most outstanding in the whole Azur lane Belfast.

Belfast: No my lady, My queen's ship is the most outstanding in the whole Azur lane.

Shikikan: Taihou what do you see?

Taihou stood at the bow of the ship with her eyes closed as her recon planes flew towards the unknown vessel.

The squadron of three C6N1 Saiun flew above the clouds to keep hidden from the enemy sights and after few moments when they were right above the ships, Taihou made them dive below the clouds to get a view of the unknown adversary. The ocean below was now slowly getting more visible as the white clouds were getting lighter and more dispersed the two planes on both sides were destroyed by a flak gun piercing right through them. Taihou shook up from the blast and held on to the railings of the ship then again put all her focus into the last plane. She pulled the recon plane again into the clouds in an attempt to get out of the enemy sights while flak rounds busted all around it. After gaining enough altitude the AA guns stopped. Taihou relaxed for a moment to catch her breath and decided to turn around for another attempt at seeing the vessel and dropped into the clouds again this time she was going to head directly towards the vessel with speed then pull away. The flak rounds started bursting around her plane again as she dived towards the ship at full throttle. After a few seconds, she broke through the clouds and saw the ship.