Chapter 14

Akagi fell down on her knees and desperately crawled to the edge, with tears in her eyes she jumped off the cliff and landed in the lake. She searched for him in and was relieved when she didn't see his body which meant he was alive. Akagi took a deep breath and tried to get track of his smell. 

Akagi: Ahh...Shikikan sama is bleeding...

Shikikan had jumped into the waterfall, his fall was slowed down by the tree branches and made his drop into the water a little less painful. He survived the fall but the tree branches had cut his arms in several different places. 

Akagi: I can't track his smell.... 

Akagi climbed the highest tree she could find and looked at the two warships that were headed towards her. There was no doubt that they were Azur lane ships who had come to take Shikikan with them. Akagi couldn't lose him no matter the cost.

Akagi: It would still take them about 15 mins, to reach here. Shikikan must have gone towards them. 

Akagi jumped from tree to tree, searching for him. 

Akagi: Shikikan sama... Come on now...this is no time to be playing games. 

She saw something move behind a bush.

Akagi: There you-

Akagi found that it was just a fox. The ships were getting close and she had to find Shikikan as soon as possible. 

Akagi: SHIKIKAN SAMA!

Shikikan heard Akagi's voice as she was desperately trying to search him in the thick jungle, from the cave they were in moments ago. After falling into the lake he had gone back into the cave. Looking at her crying his name out pained his heart but he had a promise to fulfil. 

Akagi kept searching for Shikikan everywhere but couldn't find him. Had he suddenly vanished from her life just as suddenly he had appeared? 

Akagi: Shikikan sama if this the game you want to play then so be it, Akagi will find you. 

Atago: It seems like... my shoulders are always sore...

Atago stretched her body, she was tired of sitting the whole day. 

Atago: Takao-chan, do you read?

Takao: Affermative, I do over.

Atago: Ahhh... why can't we just talk normally, Didn't I tell you we should just use one ship, but you were so adamant about being on our guard. 

Takao: Atago, do you not understanding the gravity of the situation? Shikikan has been kidnapped by Akagi, if we don't rescue him as soon as possible. He would die a horrible death. Over.

Atago: Nah I am sure he can look after himself, I bet we should spend our time looking for him in the ocean, I am sure he must be on a raft rowing his way to the port. 

Takao: Tch... Akagi wouldn't let him go just like that, I wonder if he is even alive. Over.

Atago: Oh I am sure he is fine. 

Takao: Alright let's anchor over here and proceed on foot. 

Atago and Takao had known Shikikan since the first day he had come to the academy. Even though they were given the task to teach Shikikan about heavy cruiser combat, there was not much they could teach him. So rather than giving him a lecture, they took him on their scout missions and daily patrols. With time they had come to respect him for his battle prowess and became close friends of his. Their friendship eventually got famous and people started calling the three of them "Angels of the sea", because of their matching white naval uniforms.