Chapter 7

Admiral Nimitz, was in the debriefing room. He sat on his chair looking out the window, trying to ignore the shouting going on in the debriefing room. Enterprise and Shikikan were on top of their lungs, shouting at each other.

Shikikan: You should have not left us. It's not my problem that you can't cooperate with me.

Enterprise: You are not a commanding officer and you won't be until you complete the academy.

Shikikan: I am not interested in going through the same course thrice. I was told I would be out once I pass all my tests and guess what I have passed every single one of them.

Enterprise: You have some nerves......

Admiral: Will you two sit quietly for some time?

Both of them shut at once when Admiral raised his voice.

Admiral: I am tired of hearing to both of your nonsense. Enterprise, the young commander is qualified to command a fleet of his own, Commander you have to take permission before attempting anything like a charge into the enemy, by a senior officer and if there is no senior officer you don't take such actions, at least until you are the senior-most.

Admiral takes a deep breath and leans back on his chair, calming himself.

Admiral: Commander you are dismissed.

Shikikan stood up and saluted the admiral and left the room, gripping his sword. Admiral then turned towards Enterprise.

Admiral: Enterprise, there is something you need to know......

Shikikan: This is stupid, utterly draconian.

Kirishima: Well we are old but you don't have to put it that way.

Shikikan: Oh no Kirishima, I didn't mean it that way. I was referring to all these operations taking place around the port the logistics are messed up.

Kirishima: Anyways why don't you have tea with me?

Shikikan: A personal assistant should not distract her commander while he works.

Kirishima: Yeah don't give me that, I am saving you from dying due to stress. Last night you worked till two in the morning and returned to the port at six am today. Now be a good boy and take a break.

Shikikan didn't protest and stood up from his desk. He stretched his body while Kirishima served the tea.

Kirishima: How was the debriefing.

Shikikan: Ahh pls don't bring that up.

Kirishima: That bad?

Shikikan: Nah not too bad. I just......look there is no point in this war.

Kirishima: Go on..

Shikikan: I have no problem accepting this fact about the greater humanity and all, I know we are space-faring species. But right now we are in this giant planet. Tasked with protecting its seas, why? Do you know why?

Kirishima: Coz mining operations are going on this planet and that we need to protect it at all cost.

Shikikan: Exactly, so we have colonized this planet and know we are taking its resources and I am pretty sure one day it will exhaust not so soon but then again we have an eternity of life left and when you have infinite time at your hands, things tend to move fast.