Chapter 18

All eyes were on Shikikan who was sitting on a chair in front of everyone.

Avrora: Comrade Komandir, Your service record shines very bright. I see you completed the naval academy with top marks in just half the time. Is that correct miss Carolina?

Carolina: Yes, that is correct Avrora. The commander has shown promising results and the instructors even claimed him to be a prodigy.

Avrora: In that case, Komandir it wouldn't hurt to have a small Q and A session, would it?

Shikikan: Not at all ma'am.
While Shikikan was grilled for two hours on almost every single topic he had learned in the academy. The escorts of the flagships were in the observing room, looking at the interview through a camera.

Gneisenau: They are really not going easy on him.

Hiei: To know his breakpoint they have to break him first.

Brooklyn: For being a fleet commander in the Azur lane navy you have to be the best of the best in the universe.

Warspite: Belfast, are you worried about the commander?

Belfast: I am more worried about her majesty. She has been quiet for the majority of the past hour.

Warspite: That's because they are questioning commander in far more advanced concepts of 

navigation and war protocols that Queen has not yet studied.

Elizabeth couldn't say anything, she hated this feeling the feeling of being the child surrounded by adults. How could she ask Shikikan questions whose answer she herself didn't know? Even Nagato was far more knowledgable in Battleship tactics than she was and this just added further to her inferiority complex.

"I have to say something, or I'll never have a say again." The distressed queen thought to herself.

Avrora: Does anyone have any more questions?

Queen Elizabeth: Before we end, I would like to ask the commander a few questions of quite personal nature if he doesn't mind.

Avrora: You may proceed.

Queen Elizabeth: So commander, I commend you for your knowledge. But carrying the responsibility of this navy requires a person who's emotions are balanced, don't you agree?

Shikikan: Yes, having control over once emotions is important.  

Queen Elizabeth: I want to know if you are emotionally stable enough? I have heard about the dreams you have been getting.

Belfast held her mouth in shock, she couldn't believe what Elizabeth had said.

Shikikan: Nothing out of ordinary I believe.

Queen Elizabeth: But I have been reported you often wake up screaming in pain.

Shikikan: I don't see how my dreams and emotions are of any concern.

Queen Elizabeth: Oh they certainly are, we cannot let a person with a weak heart shoulder such responsibility now can we?

Bismarck: I agree.

Jean Bart: I agree too.

Littorio: Man with no control over his emotions is indeed dangerous.

The amount of anger Shikikan felt was something he had not felt for a long time. His mind had gotten tough after enduring years of training and had got immune to intense mental pressures. The haunting memories he kept suppressed flooded his mind and his distress was seen clearly in his eyes. He closed his eyes and took deep breaths to control his emotions and as if something just made sense to him he smiled.