Texts

Ch.25

The flowers were looking good today. Luckily, you were doing a better job at looking after them in the greenhouse. Only because Sanghee was around to look over your shoulder. She probably didn't even realize she was doing it, but she would tell you when to stop watering and other instructions to follow. She didn't nearly give this much attention to Sohyun who obviously had this in the bag. It was like second nature to her to be around all these flowers. Then there was Taehyung who you have now caught using his power. But from what you see, it tends to be on accident a majority of the time. He seriously needs to learn how control that issue of his.

You're certainly one to talk with your power unawakened and you hope it stays that way. If it does appear, you have no doubt that you'll be similar to Taehyung or worse. Ever since the truth was revealed to you, you've been keeping a closer eye on Taehyung. The plants seem to react based off his emotions. Hardly ever does he manipulate them on his own. That was most likely his problem. He doesn't bother practicing which you think is a pity. Control over plants could be such a powerful thing yet he would rather try to play Cupid. It was easily the least important power that he possessed so what was he doing preferring that one over the other?

It didn't take long to figure out that he probably loved to meddle in other people's love affairs. Then it got you thinking if he ever used it for selfish purposes. Did it ever come to that use on Venus? What if he ever used it here on Earth? That thought immediately made you want to confront him. Has he ever tried making an attempt to use it on you? He wanted alliance by marriage after all so you weren't too trusting with him. You were cleaning up when you walked over to Taehyung. He tapped a flower bud, the flower instantly blooming from his touch. That's the first time you've ever seen him use it on purpose. A sigh left you as he turned to face you.

"What?" He raised a brow.

"You should be a little more careful using it." You moved your eyes over to Sohyun and Sanghee who were at the front of the greenhouse.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be careful." Taehyung pouted slightly to be scolded by you. It wasn't exactly what he would want to hear from you. He pulled his hands away from the flowers only to notice you were still staring at him. Was he that handsome? He smiled, feeling prideful in his looks. Of course, he's handsome! Taehyung knew it d*mn well. "Admiring art?"

"What? No, I wanted to ask you something." You shook your head. You didn't notice how his expression dropped with disappointment. He really thought you were gawking at him when he's less than a foot away from you? The greenhouse is cramped between the aisles with two people so he was shoulder to shoulder with you. "I wanted to know if you ever used your cupid powers here on Earth."

"Earth? No. I haven't really had a reason to use it." Taehyung shrugged. His eyes looked over at Sohyun, wanting to sigh to himself. He so badly wanted to use it on her and Beomseok. Their struggling relationship was incredibly painful to witness. Anytime he hangs out with them now, he feels it hanging heavily in the air. The heartbreak, the friendzone, and the one sided loved. It was maddening! "Why?"

"You better not. It's not something for you to mess with." You heard him scoff. "I'm taking you used it a lot back on Venus."

"Oh yeah. Whenever I needed girls to stop flocking to me." Taehyung laughed. "Sometimes girls would be coming to me and then there's a guy who was already into them! That guy is perfect for them, but why are they looking at me? So I had to do something! I know some girls tried paying me to make guys fall for them, but I ignored them. I know what I'm doing when it comes to this power. I've practically mastered it!" Taehyung put a hand on his chest, grinning widely. "Aphrodite's son basically gave me this power. I can't let Eros down after all."