➳ 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

It was unfair, really. Unfair that the only chances she had to face her crush, was either by falling on his feet in an embarrassing position or... spilling the rest of her lunch all over him. 

Luca's eyes widened while staring at his shirt soaked with apple juice mixed with flan. She paled, doing the same. And basically the whole cafeteria as well. 

Realizing what she has done, Yuqi squeaked out, the shock very clear in her eyes. "I'm... sorry... "

He didn't move, instead, looked down at her. Glaring. 

When the shock faded, Yuqi immediately reached for something to clean his shirt, she also saw how her two friends had the same kind of reaction as everybody else. Yes, she was doomed. 

"Gosh, I'm really, really sorry!" she tried to wipe his arms and shirt with miserable thin napkins, not caring if there were people watching them. Not caring if she was touching Lucas for the first time in the worst conditions ever.

"Yuqi... isn't it?" he asked.

She slowed down the cleaning process to glance up after hearing his voice. He wasn't glaring at her anymore. Just watching her performing the pointless task. 

"Y-yes..." she answered, quietly. 

"Are you usually like this?"

"L-l-like what?"

He smirked. "Clumsy."

Yuqi's eyes quickly looked down again, her cheeks on fire. She knew that drying him with napkins wasn't going to fix anything, but went on just for the lack of options. 

If her heart wasn't pounding fast enough, it almost stopped when she felt his hands grabbing her two wrists.

"You're not helping. Stop it."

Lucas stepped back and Yuqi wanted to bow in apology, but before she could do it, he did the most improbable thing she'd have think of.

He took off his shirt. 

Then, tossed at her. 

"Give me this back washed and clean."

Her mouth parted in shock, and so did the rest of the students. 

"But-" she spoke. 

He turned, an eyebrow arched quizzically. "What?"

"Today's our last day... I-I won't see you until-"

"I'm pretty sure you can find out my address easily," Lucas said, then winked. "Washed and clean," he pointed at the white fabric on her hand.

Yuqi blinked a few times, barely able to keep breathing. She squeezed the soaked shirt, soiling her own. 

"Yuqi," she heard someone calling her. "Yuqi!"

She finally snapped awake, turning around. "Huh?"

"You did it," Minnie said with a smile.

Did what? Spoiled all possibilities of having a friendship with Lucas? Made him think less of her even more? Embarrass herself in front of the whole cafeteria and made them whisper things like they were doing at that very moment?

"You caught his attention again."

Oh. And maybe that too.