Chapter 3: You're Joking...

"Okay. You will hold it up while I start building and connecting, yeah?"

I said to him as I began to unpack the tent from the box. But he didn't move or speak. He just stared at me emotionless. This was setting my teeth on edge.

I was about to lose it when he dropped his bags by a tree and began searching for something in his bag. I stared at him curiously.

He pulled out a towel and hung it on a tree branch. His fingers curled under his hoodie as he stripped it off along with his shirt. I looked away immediately. My cheeks burning. From the corner of my eye I could see how amazingly formed his body was.

He had a ripped six pack and unbelievable biceps. To wrap the entire sexy physique, his sharp jaw line gleamed more than ever. I stood and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Are you going to help me?"

He looked at me with a sarcastic smile.

"No. I think you got it."

My mouth fell open. This guy was so absurd.

"I'm going for a swim."

He grabbed his towel and lifted his fist.

"Fighting!"

And then he left. Leaving me with a burning face.

I don't know how I managed to build it, but I did it. I finished the entire tent by myself. It was already sunset by the time I finished. I slumped outside the tent and buried my face in between my knees. Slowly, I regained my breath back and tried to relax my body. I had been standing so long my back hurt.

I could hear some crunching noises. Like when someone steps on leaves making them make that soothing sound. I looked up and saw Jungkook with different clothes and his towel in his shoulder. He carried something else in his hands too. It looked like some wrappings. After hanging his towel in one of the branches, he came towards me and looked at the tent. I knew it would be a miracle for him to give me a good remark. Instead...

"Wow. You actually built it. I was already looking forward to sleep in a cozy tree."

He handed me one of the wrappings and went inside the tent. The aluminum was warm against my palm. It was food. I don't know if I was that hungry, but I didn't hesitate in opening it and eating so fast I almost couldn't make it inside the tent. By the time I made it inside the tent, Jungkook was already snuggled in his side of the tent. All his belongings squished in a corner while mine rested on top of my sleeping bag.

Once I finished fixing my stuff, Jungkook annoyingly turned off the light and composed himself as far away as possible from me. I rolled my eyes from him and went outside. It was pretty chilly, so I began to light a fire. It was really easy since the camping kit came with some essentials.

As the flames grew brighter and hotter, someone came towards us. From the look of it, it was a teacher. It didn't take me long to realize it was Mrs. Jenks. She had that yellow scarf around her neck and in her hands were some papers.

"Y/n. Where is Mr. Jeon?"

I was about to complain, but instead, I...

"He is inside sleeping. He had a long day today. He was the one that did most of the tent set up. We also had a long bus ride. Very exhausting."

Mrs. Jenks blinked surprised and nodded her head while handing me some papers.

"This is the plan for tomorrow. We will be leaving early so rest really well. Do you have enough blankets and supplies?"