Chapter 11: The Chit-Chat

We both changed and headed to the main square where everyone needed to be. The teachers were all there at the front counting the students making sure nobody was missing.

I couldn't see Taehyung or Namjoon anywhere.

As we were in line to check off our name, someone tapped my shoulder making me turn around. It was the preppy guy I had met in my class. He was the one that had gotten the chair for me. Jimin stood behind me with his partner. He wore a large smile.

"Y/n! I hadn't seen you in a while."

"Jimin, hi. And yeah."

His eyes looked towards Jungkook who was in front of me with his earphones on.

"Has he been good to you?"

I stopped a moment to think about his question. Jeon Jungkook had been horrible to me. So horrible that I moved outside of the tent and got sick.

But he saved me many times.

How was I supposed to answer Jimin's question? Yes or no?

Before I could say anything, he busted out laughing. I looked at him confused.

"Haven't you heard of the saying, 'Silence speaks more than words'?"

"Yes."

"Well, your face and silence told me everything, y/n. I didn't expect less. He's a well-built jerk."

"He has his sides."

"True. Just like anyone, but does the good side come often?"

"Recently, it has."

He busted out laughing again.

"It took a while for you to crack him, didn't it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Jungkook has intense trust issues. Trust me. It must've taken you so many things to actually have him talk to you--not even--glance at you as a matter of fact."

"You have no idea."

"I feel you. Anyways, tell me, how are you taking the Taehyung situation?"

My heart started beating very fast. I could feel my eyes widen a bit.

"What?"

Jimin got closer to me and whispered very softly.

"I sort of was hooking up when I saw you last night. The whole thing was shocking. Especially the part where your savior was Jungkook. I was about to step in when he came."

"So it did happen?"

"Jungkook told you and you didn't believe him? Oh, it happened alright. He's having it hard around here now. Taehyung, I mean."

"I need to talk to him. I need to talk to Tae."

"Good luck with that. People are scared of breathing near you now, you know."

"What are you saying, Jimin. Honestly..."

"I'm serious. Everyone knows that when Jungkook does something like that, whatever he took, protected, respected, or even took a breath around, it is considered off limits."

"Why?"

"Because he's Jeon Jungkook."

Once we had checked and they had sent us back to our cabins to pack for our hike that day, we began to walk back to the cabin. As we walked back, I could feel the stares all over me.

Jimin was right. People did try to avoid me as much as they could. It was uncomfortable in a way.

When we arrived at our cabin, I walked to my bedroom door before he grabbed my hand and stopped me from going in. I turned to look at him and his eyes were already on me.

"Had a nice chit-chat with Park Jimin, huh?"

"You heard?"

"Every single word, honey. From beginning to end. From greet to farewell."

"You were hearing your music..."

"You thought, huh?"

"I did. Well, we did."

"So, do you believe everything he told you?"

"Partially."

"Even the Taehyung part?"

"Don't touch that subject."

"Do you believe me now?" He asked arrogantly.

"Jungkook."

"You're going to forgive him, aren't you?"

"Stop it!" I pulled my hand away from his hold.

"You're not my dad or boyfriend to ask me anything like that. I'm grown enough to make rational decisions."

He scoffed and nodded his head sarcastically.

"Oh yeah. Like walking out around sunset knowing the closest store is far away and not only that but staying a long time there and walking back alone in the dark with no one around."

"First of all, I went and stayed there because my only partner was rude enough to lock himself in his room all day. Of course, I needed to leave or else I was afraid I would do something frantic."

"And what about sleeping outside the tent, knowing at night it would turn cold?"

"It comes back to you. You were so annoyed, even if I took a breath around you. I was so done with you treating me so low, it came to the point I couldn't stand you anymore."

Jungkook stepped closer to me. I didn't move. I couldn't shame in his presence anymore. His eyes dug into mine. I didn't look away.

If I was being real to myself, I wanted to look away so badly and run into the room and bury myself under the blankets and never come out.

His hand touched my cheek. I didn't move. There was something in his eyes. Something that I had never seen before.

For the first time, his eyes were genuine. Almost as if I was having a conversation with them.

"Y/n l/n, I can't stay away from you anymore. Every hour, minute, second of my life, all I want to do is protect you and see you smile, but unfortunately, I have failed to do the second part."

I felt tears sting my eyes. His hand fell from my cheek.

That hurt.

With one look at me, he stepped past me and made his way to his room.

The sound of his door closing hurt me, but what made that agony even worse was the silence and the echo of the empty common room that accompanied me in my sorrow.