5

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

𝙅𝙤 𝙔𝙪𝙧𝙞- Narration -

𝙅𝙤 𝙔𝙪𝙧𝙞
- Narration -

"Miss Jo Yuri?!"

I was startled, to the point that in made me jump from my seat and the trainees close by watched me as I look around, embarrassment all written on my face.

"You're the next one on the list"

Ah, so it did start already. I followed the staff to where the performance will be held. As soon as I got inside, I saw nothing, nothing but a chair in the middle of the room and in front of it was a table and chairs occupied by our CEO and the other Entertainment's CEO.

Our CEO was a guy, but this one was a girl. A girl with shoulder lenght brown hair and face shaped like an egg, she was pretty though.

I stood up in front of the chair that was placed in the middle of the room while facing them. I bowed out of respect.

'Hi, I'm Jo Yuri. I'm 27 years old, and been a trainee for 7 years. Hope I'll impress you with my performance' I bowed again before taking my guitar out of the case and sat on the chair down.

I started strumming the intro chords. Feelings started to build up, memories running to comeback. I closed my eyes and invated my self with all of the emotions.

'Summer after high school, when we first met'

'We make-out in your Mustang to Radiohead'

'And on my eighteenth birthday, we got matching tattoos'

Once I got to the chorus, all of the memories we spent came back like a flash, it was painful but all of it was real.

'In another life, I would be your girl'

'We keep all our promises, be us against the world'

'In another life, I would make you stay'

'So I don't have to say you were the one that got away'

'The one that got away'

As I finish the song with the final sentence while my eyes was closed, I suddenly felt a liquid dripping down from my eyes to my cheeks.

I wiped it and bowed to the CEO's but as soon as I stared at them, it was only our CEO, then I saw her following someone out of the door.

I sighed. Maybe she didn't like my performance and called her secretary for them to go. I practiced for the whole week for her just to walk out on me.

Well there goes my chance then. Haha, I blew it. Seems like I would never go big, ever.

Where are you? I need you. I'm miserable. I'm a mess. I'm broken. But you must be more broken than me. Where are you, Choi Yena?

 Where are you, Choi Yena?