✨Hurts Like Hell || Cooper x Male!Reader✨

This is a soulmate AU requested by @sheepeep2295 I hope you enjoy

Thank you for 27k! And for putting up with me

AU: You feel the pain that your soulmate feels. It stops once the love between you two is stronger than the pain

~Your POV~

For all of the twenty-two years of my life, I have learned many things about my soulmate. The main thing? They get hurt all the fucking time. I don't know what they do but I constantly feel them collide with surfaces and land on their knees and elbows and it's not fun. I am not sporty by any means, I am more of a musical person, so the only pain my soulmate will feel from me are the callouses left on my fingers from holding down the strings of my guitar and ukulele so roughly. 

"Y/n, take your sister to the skate park please!" I hear from down the hall, and I sigh. 

"Fine," I slip on my shoes and grab my bag and keys, smiling at my younger sister who has her skateboard clutched tightly in her hands. 

"I wanna go because I think my soulmate skates too! The pain I feel from them reminds me of the pain I feel when I fall off my skateboard," she tells me as I open the door to let her into my car. 

"I see. Well you know they might not be in LA, Sky," I say, and she nods. I get in and start the car, putting it into reverse and pulling out of the driveway. 

"Yeah I know. But still! It's worth a shot. Plus, gotta start looking while I'm young," she smiles an award-winning smile into the rear-view mirror, and I can't help but feel my heart swell knowing she is so passionate about this. At only eleven years old, too. 

When we arrive, I see there are quite a few people skating around. Sky hops out and runs to the nearest ramp, clipping her helmet with one hand as she disappears down it. I chuckle and watch her on my old board, remembering the days when I used to think my soulmate was a skater.

"Mister watch out!" I hear, and I look over at where the voice of my sister came echoing. I watch her collide with a boy with shaggy blonde hair and as soon as I went towards her, I feel a sharp pain in my ribs that sends me to the ground. 

"Ow," he and I both say at the same time, and I sit up. 

"Sky! Are you okay?!" I slide down the ramp on my ass and run over to her. She is on top of the man and her elbow is in his ribs. I think for a moment, maybe it's him, but I shake those insane notions out of my head and grab her. 

"I'm okay Y/n, really I am!" She exclaims, and I check her over. No blood. Thank God

"Sir, are you alright?" I ask once she's confirmed to be okay, and I kneel next to him. 

"Ah yeah, I'm alright. My ribs hurt but I don't think anything's broken," he says, and I nod. He rolls over and tries to sit up, hissing and sending both of our hands to our ribs. 

"My soulmate is always getting me beat up. Usually it's cuts and bruises on their knees and elbows from falling and colliding with surfaces. Now it's their ribs," I chuckle as I hold out a hand to help him up. He looks at me for a moment before I feel callouses on his finger tips. 

"My soulmate must play guitar or something, the callouses on my finger tips are definitely from a string instrument," he says, and I look at him wide eyed. 

"Y/n can I keep skating now?" Sky asks me, and I turn to look at her. 

"Yeah of course. Just be mindful not to run into anyone again please!" I say as she skates away with a smile. I shake my head and laugh, wishing I was her age again. "I should've brought my guitar, damn," I look around at the bench in the shade that I could've played on. 

"You know, if I didn't know any better I'd say that you are the reason I have callouses on my hands and I'm the reason you have bruises in the same spots I do on my elbows," he tells me, and I notice the matching bruises that we have. 

"What's your name?" I ask him, and he smiles. 

"Cooper. I've heard your name is Y/n, from who I assume is your sister," he says, and I nod. 

"Yep, that's Sky. She's convinced her soulmate is a skater as well so she skates and waits for someone her age to show up and get hurt to see if she feels it too," I stare off at her and smile, and he smiles at me. "So Cooper. Have you been skating for most of your life?" We end up sitting on the bench I'd spotted and got to know each other. 

Cooper turns out to be one of the most amazing people ever. Not even kidding. He is great with my sister, who refused to leave the skate park that day without bringing him home to meet our mom. 

Of course my mother loved him instantly, and he quite frequently came over. He and I were the only ones that knew we might very well be soulmates. We just didn't know how to fully believe it one hundred percent. 

Months went by and we were able to figure out by doing everything together that when he hurt, I hurt, and vice versa. By that point I knew I had fallen hard, but I didn't know for sure that this was the man I was supposed to love in the first place. But then something happened, something that proved to us that we were actually soulmates, and it was something neither of us expected to happen. 

I slapped him. I got angry at him and he said something offensive and I slapped him right across the face. Which caused us to both grab our cheek and look at each other with wide eyes. 

"Cooper, I-" he just shakes his head. 

"I shouldn't have said that, it's okay. However you faced instant karma which is pretty funny, if I'm honest," he gestures to the matching hand prints we have on our faces and I can't help but chuckle. He does the same. 

"So I guess we are gay," I shrug, and he goes quiet for a moment. 

"I've thought about that for a while. I never really had feelings for anyone growing up so I never really knew what label to give myself. But I guess you're right. If I'm destined to love you, I am attracted to men." I sit down on a nearby couch, seeing as we were in my living room, and he joins me. I put my head on his shoulder. 

"Labels are too complicated. The only thing you have to concern yourself with in that department is whether or not you think you could really, actually, truly love me..." 

"Y/n... I..."

Oopsies

~Abbey