☁️Six Feet Under || Charlie x Reader☁️

This was requested by valenbox who I love to pieces. Thank you for the request!

Warning: ***Mentions of drug and alcohol abuse***

This is a pretty depressing one, so if you're here for good vibes only, you're more than welcome to skip this one.

Based off of the song "Six Feet Under" by Billie Eilish. The lyrics will be italicized and underlined, for clarification.

~Your POV~

I stumbled outside of the bar I'd been in, searching through my phone for a name I recognized, even in my drunken state. It was three in the morning and I'd been out drinking with the boys for Carson's 21st birthday. I was completely hammered. "Help, I lost myself again, but I remember you," I say to the person who answers the phone. I hear a chuckle.

"You're lucky I'm awake, Y/n. And a good friend. Where are you? I'm on my way," The "Charlie" guy that I'd called came to pick me up, and that ride back to my apartment changed everything. I flirted with him the whole way home and he would play into it, enjoying drunk Y/n. By the time we got to my apartment, I'd passed out. Charlie said he'd carried me all the way to my apartment on the fourth floor of the building and stayed on my couch. When I woke up, he was there with water and pain killers, and was there when I threw up from the hangover.

Within a week, we went from a friendship to a relationship. And I was happy.

~

"Don't come back, it won't end well," he'd said bitterly, before leaving me on the curb outside of a rehab center. I know now that I was too drunk for my own good, and I used drugs and alcohol to escape and have some fun. I'd constantly disappear at night while Charlie was streaming, having just moved in with him, and I would join Cooper and Noah to smoke weed. We'd get high as kites, and I'd call Charlie the next morning through a hangover to apologize. He was understanding, at first. He was a very understanding boyfriend. But when I started spending my money on things I shouldn't have and my mood would change without it, he started reaching his limit.

I don't blame him for not wanting me to come back. But I wish you'd tell me to.

I'd been released from rehab after three months, and I was extremely grateful for Charlie, honestly. I know our love is six feet under, but I can't help but wonder, if our grave was watered by the rain? I thank the lady at the front desk of the center and she gives me a bag of items that I originally had on me that were confiscated. I walk out to the curb and look at the same spot Charlie's car had been parked. Would roses bloom? I close my eyes and relive him driving away. I hadn't heard his voice since the day he left. Could roses bloom, again? I grab my phone and scroll through my contacts, not sure exactly who to call. I select one and call them.

"Hey, what's up?" an all-too familiar voice floods my ears, and I smile.

"Can you pick me up? I just got out," I say, and Noah tells me he is on his way.

The entire car ride was full of catching up with Noah, since he'd only stopped by a few times. All of the boys had stopped by during visiting hours to check up on me, which kept me sane. Everyone except Charlie.

Retrace my lips, erase your touch, I couldn't get him off my mind, even through the weeks I was spending with my friends. Carson and Travis were my closest friends, and they kept my mind off things, or tried to anyway. I couldn't forget the way he would trace patterns on my arm while we laid in bed, or the way he kissed me like he was scared I'd shatter. It's all too much for me.

I remember the last fight we had. I constantly think about what he said.

"I don't like that you just keep disappearing, that you just blow away, like smoke in air, to what? Get high? Those two are terrible influences on you! I know you had an issue with drinking, but to think you traded it for this new lifestyle of getting high all the time? You're killing yourself! How can you die carelessly?!" I had been antsy to leave and get my hands on the edibles the boys planned on doing that night. I was so agitated, and I hate that I wasn't anything more than a bad partner.

"You don't understand what it's like to even get high! All of these clouds bringing us back to life, we feel alive when we're high. But you wouldn't understand. You're cold as a night." With that I'd left, got high, called Charlie the next morning. He picked me up, and when we got home, I saw all of my stuff packed up. That's when I knew we were over. "You weren't lying. You're really putting our relationship six feet under," I muttered, and he nodded sadly.

Now I sit in a room full of boys, all vaping and smoking weed. I don't want to do any of it. I know I'm getting a second-hand high, though. I can't help but wonder, if our grave was watered by the rain? I stand up and go to the front door, walking out into the chilly night air. Bloom, it was well past one in the morning and I felt alone. Bloom. I pull out my phone, searching through my phone for a name I recognized again. My finger hovers over a contact for a moment, before clicking it. I listen to the rings as I wait, hoping to here his voice again. And he answers.

"Help, I lost myself again, but I remember you. I can't forget what we had, and I'm sober for good. I know our love is six feet under, but, could roses bloom again? I miss you. Even as a friend, I miss you, Charlie. Please, let me be better," I listen to the slight noise on the other line. And then a girl's voice calls "babe?" in the background.

My heart shatters.

He hangs up the phone.

Wow okay this is a little bit shorter than I thought but this is not my typical style of writing. I do enjoy an occasional sad ending, though. Hope you guys liked it! Love you all!

~Abbey