✨Rivals Pt. 3 || Cooper x Reader✨

Thank you all for the support! I am so glad to have people enjoy my writing as much as I enjoy writing it.

As soon as I get to the skate park I see Cooper, and I skate around the ramps we used to sit on every day. I just go straight to him and get off my board, putting the backpack down, and I wrap my arms around him like I hadn't seen him in forever. He hugs me back and we stand there for a minute. I don't realize how much I need his arms around me until now.

I finally pull back and grab my stuff and ask, "So what's your plan?" He eyes the board for a moment. "It's my friend Jay's. He's the only one who's every really been there. He was the off-brand you, basically," I explain, and he chuckles.

"I see. Well, I gotta be honest with you. Your friends are not gonna be happy if they find out about my plan," he rubs the back of his neck, and I quirk an eyebrow. "Just, follow me. I'm glad you have a board."

I follow Cooper on my skateboard as we skate through places I'd never been around before. I was never allowed on this side of town, for obvious reasons. After about 15 minutes, we come up to a big house that I pretty much assume is Lunch Club Headquarters. I see why my friends would not be happy, I think as I follow Cooper up the driveway. We put our boards on a rack that he set up before we went inside, and I instantly see the boys that had become my rivals.

"Cooper has a companion!" Charlie yells, and everyone comes into the living room where we were standing.

"How did things go when Carson brought you back home from the skate park?" I mutter so only Cooper can hear, and he looks at me for a moment, as if debating answering.

"They reacted much differently than your friends, that's for sure," was his response, and I nod, still scared. As soon as Carson walks in, I tear up.

"Oh, Carson. I'm so- I'm so sorry about Fitz- and I know you're going to say it's in the past but it isn't. It's affected me every day since I got banned from SMPLive and I just wanted to say I'm sorry. You didn't deserve the heartbreak. Sorry, I just, I've been meaning to say something for months and now seems like the time to say it," I rub my arm and avoid everyone's eyes, knowing that they're probably all confused or weirded out.

"Fine, they can stay," Carson states, which makes me look at him. He is looking at me with something like sadness in his eyes. My gaze shifts to Cooper, who is smiling.

"Thank you, Carson," he says, before his eyes meet mine. "Follow me." Cooper starts walking towards a staircase so I do as he says, going up the stairs and walking to the end of a hall, where he took a right. We enter a room that was set up for two people, with bunk beds and everything. I gave him a confused look. "When Travis told me you called him, I didn't think twice about running to his room and talking to you. As soon as I found out what had happened, I knew I'd be your best bet. I spent quite some time convincing Carson to, at the very least, let you stay for one night. We don't have any spare bedrooms, but Josh's room - this room - was made for two people. When Carson said you could stay for one night, Josh said he'd take my room and we'd take this one. But since Carson said you can stay, it means you're welcome here for as long as you need, I guess," he finishes talking and I set my bag down, looking around the room for a moment, before going up and hugging him again.

"I don't deserve this. I don't deserve you. This- this means so much to me, thank you so much," I say into his chest, and I feel him chuckle, squeezing me ever so slightly.

"It was the only thing I could think of, and it meant you were with me...! So I figured you wouldn't want to be alone, and I know that staying with the people you were programmed to despise isn't ideal, but I think the guys will warm up to you and everything will be okay. I promise," he puts a hand against my hair and places his chin on my head. I felt safe, finally. "Now," he pulls back, and I frown internally, "Let's get things set up!"