✨Broken Ties || Travis x Reader✨

Based around a song for @okaylux 

Mentions of drugs and you vape and smoke in this, skip over if it makes you uncomfortable but it helps this particular plotline.

~Your POV~

I can't take this anymore. The amount of pressure, expectations, requirements. I'm done with it all. 

I pack up my stuff, everything I can fit, throw it into my car the night after I graduated high school, and I started driving. I don't know where I'm going, but I drive and I drive until I feel like I'm going to pass out from exhaustion. Welcome to San Diego, a sign on the freeway read, and I widen my eyes for a moment. I made it all the way to California? I shake my head and rub my eyes, continuing to drive. I find an exit and pull off, the sun already in my face, and I see a parking lot. I park and get out, and I see a beautiful overlook that has graffiti all over the sloped walls. I sit on the ledge and grab my vape, taking a hit. I smile a little, and I let my head lull off to the side as I finally allow myself to feel free. 

"Hey! Sorry, but I usually skate here and I don't want to hit you. If you don't mind moving, that'd be great," I hear, and when I look over, I see a boy with blonde hair and a skateboard. I smile guiltily and nod, standing up. I hold my head for a moment, lightheaded when I stand up, and he looks at me, concerned. "Are you okay?" I blink. 

"Uh yeah, yeah I'm okay. Sorry, I've been driving for, uh, what time is it?" He checks his phone. 

"Six thirty in the morning?" I place a hand on my face. 

"I've been driving for at least seven hours. I don't remember what time I left. I should probably eat something, now that I think about it," I stumble a little and he walks up to me, handing me a Cliff bar. "Take it. You need it more than I do. Where did you come from?" I start eating and I finish it quickly. 

"I came from Phoenix. I basically needed to get the hell out of there, so I dipped the night after I graduated high school. But that means I've been awake for over twenty four hours," I laugh to myself and he looks more concerned. 

"Hey, look. I live right by here and I'm not one to help strangers but I think you're chill and you need a place to crash. If you can drive five minutes to my house, you can follow my car and sleep on my couch. My roommates won't mind," I rub the side of my arm and stare out over the ledge again. I take another hit of my vape before nodding. 

"Alright. Lead the way." So the boy gets into his car and I get into mine, and I follow him. He pulls into a driveway so I park on the street and follow him inside. He hands me a water bottle and a blanket, and I thank him as I sit on the couch. "Wait, what's your name?" 

"Cooper. Yours?" I bite my lip, wondering if I should lie. 

"Y/n," I say, and he nods, then goes down a hall to what I can only assume is his room. I take a sip of water, get comfortable, and within minutes I pass out. 

~

I wake up slowly to something smelling really good. I stir and open my eyes, before taking in my surroundings. I quickly realize that I'm in a house that is not my own and see a boy with curly brown hair and a hoodie with his back to me, cooking something. I rub my face and grab my phone, seeing that it's half past two in the afternoon. 

"Hey," the boy says, and when I look at him I see he's looking at me. I smile awkwardly and wave. "I'm Travis. Cooper told me your name is Y/n, and that you needed a place to crash. I'm making food, if you want some," the boy says, and I nod, standing and stretching. 

"Real food would be great. It's been a long 36 hours," I say, and he nods in understanding, putting a grilled cheese sandwich on a plate and handing it to me. I smile and dig into it, watching as he continues to make more. He's cute