✨Breathe || Cooper x Female!Reader✨

This is a more personal imagine that contains certain aspects of my life. So, please be gentle with this one lol

TW: Anxiety, parental issues

~Your POV~

I sit in a chair in my room, desperately trying to focus on the piano music I have playing in the background of my stream and not the fighting that can be heard through my floor. I continue playing Minecraft and hope my fans won't ask what the noise is in the background. However, I see a few comments asking who is yelling and I cringe.

"Hey, guys, don't worry about the background noise, please. I'm sorry about it," I say, smiling at my web cam. When a crash is heard downstairs, I flinch, and I fight back my tears. "I'm going to be ending the stream early. Sorry about this," I see my chat start flooding with questions but I shut things down and try to stop myself from crying. I leave my room and walk to my stairs, taking a few silent steps to try to listen to what the hell my parents are fighting about this time. It's finances, again.

"That was the mug we got on our honeymoon!" I hear, before a scoff.

"Well isn't that just another thing we should be worried about. This is absurd!" I go back up quietly, my heart pounding, and I close my door. I can't stop my body from shaking, my heart in my ears, and it hurt to breathe deeply. Shallow breaths are going to cause me to hyperventilate and pass out, though.

I grab my phone and dial the most recent person I'd messaged.

"Hey Y/n, wh-"

"Can I come and stay with you?" I interrupt him. I try to keep my voice steady. I can't believe I'm doing this.

"Uh yeah, sure, is everything okay?" the concern in his voice is evident but I don't want to scare him.

"Thank you, yeah everything's fine I just need a change of scenery! I'll fly over tomorrow, booking my flight and packing now. Thank you!" I hang up and break down crying. I need to get out of this house. If it's causing this much anxiety I need to get out.

~

As soon as the plane landed, I text my groupchat with Carson and Cooper, letting them know I'd landed, and get off the plane with my carry-on. I find my suitcase rather quickly and I see the two blondes right away. I smile and put my bags down to hug Carson, who is my childhood friend. Then I hug Cooper, and he holds me tightly.

"You sure you're okay?" he asks again, and I smile.

"I'm fine, don't worry. I'm really grateful that you guys are letting me stay with you," I say, and they smile and nod, saying 'of course' before I follow them to their car. The drive to their house was mainly just catching up, since I hadn't seen the boys in person since TwitchCon.  I can tell they are refraining from asking me something and I am not going to deal with the glances they keep giving each other and me through the rear-view mirror. "Okay just ask whatever you guys are holding back," I make eye contact with Cooper through the mirror and he averts his eyes.

"We were watching your stream last night and-" Carson starts, and I sink lower into my seat.

"Well, we were wondering if what happened was why-" I avoid looking at the mirror.

"Yeah," is all I can say, and they look at each other but don't ask anything else.

We pull up to their house and Carson grabs my suitcase. "I got it," he assures me, and I pout but nod. Cooper's mouth twitches to form a frown but a glance at him shows he won't show whatever crossed his mind. "We set up a bed in the streaming room for you so you're welcome to make the room feel more like your own," the tall blonde says, and I nod with a smile.