💖One With Nature || Carson x Female!Reader💖

Thank you all for 11k!!

Prompt: Carson fluff, female reader, meet during a hike w/ the Lunch Club.

Requested by: @mellohibabe

~Carson's POV~

"Alright boys, today we're becoming one with nature!" I exclaim once everyone had gathered in the living room. There is silence at first.

"Does that mean no cell service?" Noah asks, and I go to answer him, but Cooper chimes in.

"Would it be worth bringing my skateboard?" Answers to both of their questions sit on my tongue but I am again cut off.

"How much bug spray will we need?" Ted inquires, and I laugh to cover my sudden anxiety.

"We are going hiking. On a trail. We are going to record it because it'll be an adventure but no, there probably won't be very good cell service, if at all. And it's a dirt trail, so there's probably no good reason to skateboard. As for bug spray? Bring a fuck ton, we're gonna need it. Make sure to bring layers and good walking shoes. No Timbs or vans, please. And, please, no one go off on their own," I plead with my eyes and I see Schlatt frown when I say no Timbs. We all pack our things, making sure to grab the tents since the last time we tried to do something like this, half the group forgot the most essential thing.

"Alright fuckers, I'm driving!" Cooper shouts, hopping into the passenger seat of his car, four of us in his, three in Ted's. Our cameramen (aka Mason and Ty) took their own car, and I can't say I blame them.

We drive to a nearby forest-slash-park that allowed camping and start spraying each other with bug spray, distributing items amongst everyone.

"Does everyone have everything?" I ask, and everyone shrugs and nods, so I do the same. "Let's get going then!" Noah brought a speaker so the boys were listening to music behind me. I was leading them, since they were all super slow, Schlatt especially. "Guys, hurry up!" I say without turning around.

It took a good five minutes of silence for me to realize that it was silent. And when you're walking with eight other people, silence is not a good thing. "Ted?" I yell. "Travis? Cooper?!" nothing. "Damnit," I pull out my phone and find that I have no service, so I wouldn't be able to call them. So much for no one wandering off by themselves.

"Are you lost?" A voice from behind me scares me, and I turn around. I spot a girl who appeared to be around my age, carrying very similar gear to me. I rub the back of my neck.

"Ah, y-yeah, I got separated from my group," I tell her. She smiles.

"If it's a group of eight boys disturbing the entire forest with music and filming it, I can lead you to where they went," I laugh and nod.

"That would be great, thank you." So we start walking back to where I'd come from. "So, what's your name?"

"Y/n. Yours?"

"Carson," I hold out a hand and she shakes it, a smile on her face. "You seem to know your way around this place. You uh, you come here often?" She laughs and I feel my whole being become lighter.

"I do, actually. I'm someone who you could say is one with nature. I've been down nearly every trail and I can always pick out the people who've never been down one before," she gives me a look that tells me she is calling me out, and I smile sheepishly.

"Shawty's like a melody in my head!" I hear Charlie yell-sing off-key in the distance, and I laugh.

"That one of your friends?" she turns to me, and I nod.