Chapter 5: I Can't Stay Mad At You

*Amy's POV*

I walked into Matt's locker room in hopes that I could make this right. I honestly didn't mean to count him out, I didn't. Ever since then, he's ignored me, telling me to go sleep on the other bed.

I walked in and saw Matt getting ready. He was facing me and Jeff in a 2 on 1 match, a match that I didn't want to be a part of. I wished things would go back they way we were. I wish we weren't fighting.

"Listen, Matt," I began. He made no movement towards me. "I didn't see your foot and I sure as hell don't wanna fight you. Look I love you okay?"

He didn't give me anything to indicate that he was listening. I sighed and walked towards the door. Ryah poked her head in and stepped in as Matt finally noticed me.

"You love me? Are you trying to make me feel guilty? Listen why don't you and Jeff beat me face to face instead of beating me behind my back." Matt backed me into the open door. Ryah had stepped out during Matt's rant. "We're breaking up!"

*Ryah's POV*

"We're breaking up!"

The hell? I just came by to tell them they were on next and Matt breaks up with Amy. I crouched next to her as Jeff approached. I got up with him and hugged the sobbing Amy in my arms.

"Listen, I know this is probably the last thing you wanna hear, but I'm the special referee this time." I let go of her and looked at Jeff then back at Amy. "Um...can you give us a minute, Amy?"

She nodded and walked off, probably to wipe the tears off her face. I turned back to Jeff.

"Listen, I can't stay mad at you. You know that, and I know that. I do love you," I bent over and pecked him on the cheek.

I pulled back. "But you do know I have to be impartial in this match."

"Yea, I know," Jeff said.

*at the end of the match*

Amy was trying to help Jeff up and I stood there. As the ref I was to show no favoritism. Matt grabbed Amy from behind and I counted her shoulders down.

I bit my lip as I held Matt's hand up. I hoped that this was the end of their stupid rivalry. I had a plan in action.

When we got backstage, I turned to the bickering pair and I yelled over their yelling, "MY LOCKER ROOM RIGHT NOW!!!"

Katy was already there by the time we got there. I had to drag them along, listening to them bicker the whole way. I threw both of them in and shut the door behind me.

"Okay, what the hell is wrong with you two?! Why are you at each other's throats. And I want one person to tell me what's wrong!"

Matt looked at me. "You wanna know what's wrong? It's because he keeps screwing everything up!" He pointed to Jeff.

"How does he do that?" I asked calmly.

"He screwed up his chances with Beth, he screwed up at Survivor Series, and he hurt my girlfriend!" Matt yelled.

"No, Matt, he didn't do anything to her. You did. You started this shit and got Amy involved, and you hurt her by breaking up with her."

"I've also caught them flirting with each other."

"That's not even true and you know it!" Jeff stood up. I glared at him and grabbed him by the shirt. "Did I say you can talk Hardy?"

"N-No."

"Then I'll get to you." I threw him back down in the chair and turned my attention back to Matt. "What do you mean you caught them flirting a couple times?"

"I mean," Matt began. Then he launched into a story about how he caught Jeff staring at Amy's eyes and how he caught Jeff and Amy talking in secret.

I stared at Jeff who looked appalled at the whole thing. I nodded for him to talk.

"Okay, first things first. I did not, I repeat not, flirt with Amy. She got a black eye. And the night you caught us talking was when she was worried about you and she was worried about me too, Matt.

"Also the thing with me and Beth was because she got jealous of me and Ryah and how she cared for me when I got that concussion. I couldn't live with someone who couldn't trust me," he said. "You know, I'm really hurt by the fact that you think Amy would cheat on you with me of all people!" He walked out, taking me with her.