Season 4, Part 5

We had no idea what happened to Eren, he was still on Marley. We had no plan now, so we had to figure it out. For now, we would keep developing and building new technology, keep practicing, etc. I got more back into the military gig, and since Eren's been gone I had stopped being my cheery childish self again. I was pissed off.

I did more work than usual not to get my mind off it, so that when I see Eren again I'd be even stronger, physically and mentally. I'd be cold-blooded and cold-hearted. Levi noticed and this time he didn't stop me, as he saw it wasn't damaging me much.

Eren wrote to us that we were going to follow Zeke's plan a few months later, when we finished building the blimp. He was pretending to be an amputee in Marley. He continued to send us a whole detailed copy on Zeke's plan and his own plan as well. We would attack Marley during a festival they were having and retrieve Zeke and Eren. He said we didn't have to come, but considering it was Eren we were practically forced to. It would be the first time I killed humans in three years.

The plan included Levi and I getting to slice up the Beast Titan again, which we both looked forward to. We would make it look like we killed Zeke, then grab him and make it back to the island.

I kind of missed the old original uniform, but the new one was cooler. Yelena would deal with the Cart and Jaws Titan, and Onyankopon would drive us to the blimp in Hizuru. Armin would be dropped off at shore in a sailboat and transform near shore to eliminate their port and the soldiers surrounding the exits.

On the day we were meant to cross the ocean after arriving back a month a go, I lined up all the troops and walked along the rows in my uniform and cape. My original cape. It was battered and ripped and dirty, but it was the first cape I've ever had, and it's seen many battles and had the blood of at least a dozen different people and Titans on it.

I still wore the original ODM gear as well- it had just been modified to be faster, more efficient, and for the gas to last longer and for it to fit to the new uniform.

"Listen up people, for the past 4 years since we wiped out the Titans on this bloody island we've been training to kill people. However, people as in the enemy soldiers. NOT the civilians. Yes, we've had our own civilians killed multiple times in a bloodbath, but listen to this- and REMEMBER this well! Especially you Floch, you troublemaker." I shot Floch a look. I wish he wasn't the one to survive the wall reclamation mission. He's been a pain in the ass and always had wrong intentions.

"If we kill their civilians like they did to ours, we'd become as bad as them! This is a mistake that has been done COUNTLESS times in many similar situations, even outside the military! It's the wrong decision, as it makes an ongoing cycle of suffering, and nothing to be solved! The one who hits first is bad, but the one who hits back is twice as bad! Keep civilian casualties to a minimum, considering we are trying to make peace with the world- so killing more people will make that task harder to do, and it is a war crime in the world outside! Am I clear? Do NOT doubt my words, soldiers!"

"Understood, ma'am!" They all shouted.

"Good!" I walked on a stage in front of all of them, my long hair tied in a low ponytail swaying in the wind. I saluted, placing one fist over my heart and the other behind my back, saluting. "Dedicate your hearts! For Eldia!" They all saluted after me, repeating my words.

"Dismissed! To your stations, soldiers!" I ordered, and everyone scattered off.

"That was quite some speech. You could be the new Erwin." Hange said with a smug look as I walked off the stage. "Oh please. I could never. You're supposed to be his replacement, Commander Hange." I smirked. 

They yelped. "Don't call me that! I hate you addressing to me as superior!" They shook her head and hands. "But it's true! Isn't that how it works??" I threw my hands in the air.