Season 1, Part 2

"Come on, Val, let's go." Levi shook me awake early the next morning, as I sat snoring in bed, tangled in my blankets. "OHMYGOD I'M LATE-" I quickly yelled, sitting up right away with an extreme bedhead.

"Yeah, you are. Come we gotta go to the dungeon in five minutes to see that brat-" Levi bopped me on the head as a punishment.

"Owww- yes, sorry Captain!" I chuckled in humiliation, scratching the back of my head.

"Yeah, brat, now hurry up. I'll be waiting outside." he told me, sighing and shaking his head. "Y-Yes sir! Sorry sir!" I scrambled out of bed, grabbing a brush on my dresser and dragging it down my matted hair.

"Jeez... put on some shorts at least when you go to sleep, I can see your panties." he only glanced for a moment by accident, walking towards the door. "Y-Yes sir, I'll do that too!" I grabbed my white military pants off a chair, stuffing them on.

"Oh- and one more thing." He placed his hand on the doorknob and looked back at me. "Yes?" I looked up at him, buttoning up my shirt.

"Don't be so rigid around me all the time. I don't know why you're like that specifically around me, but you gotta stop that. You won't concentrate that well in battle."

"Oh!" I felt my face go red again. I usually never realized when I acted this way. "Right, sorry..." I leaned my head towards the ground so he wouldn't see my red face. "Good, now hurry up." He exited the room.

Quickly getting myself together, Levi and I walked down to the courtyard, where the Commander was waiting for us. Levi was close to him as a friend, comfortable around him. I thought of the Commander like a friend as well, but I knew better to not relax around him, my superior.

"Good morning, Commander, sir." I told him, saluting on sight.

He chuckled, waving his hand. "At ease. No need to act that way around me, Valeri. You're just like your mother, I swear-" I accidentally let out a groan. "Not my mom again, Erwin."

"I know, I know... Let's get to it, shall we?" he addressed us.

"Of course, what are we waiting around for? Fleur here is about to burst from excitement like an excited little puppy.." Levi said, eyeing me.

"Hey! Am not!" I pouted, crossing my arms.

"You two act like a couple at times, jeez- Anyway, yes, we just need to walk down these stairs." he motioned to a guarded door, the two guards allowing us to enter.

"A couple?? Shitty eyebrows, don't you dare say anything like that again, or I'm breaking your legs, eugh.." Levi said in disgust. I didn't say anything as I was using my hands to cover my incredibly red face from the thought.

Erwin only chuckled again, as we walked down the stairs. "Of course, haha.."

"Valeri. You've known him as a childhood friend, and I'm pretty sure the kid could be lying. Did he really have a doctor dad with a big secret in the basement?" Levi asked me.

"Oh? Yeah! I barely saw Dr. Yeager as he was always away taking care of sick people in the interior. Sometimes, when Eren was little, he would complain of his dad never letting him in the basement... I never knew about this whole 'big secret about the Titans' thing though..." I replied, looking down.

"Tch... Well, good enough for me if it's from you." he shrugged, the comment making me blush again.

When we got down there, Eren was fast asleep, chained to his bed. "Oi, Erennn!" I shook the bars, trying to wake him up. "He's not some animal at the zoo, leave him be." Levi told me, leaning against the wall.