Season 2, Part 11 (Season Finale)

I don't remember what happened when we returned. The only memory I have is arriving back at Trost, on the back of Erwin's horse. Levi ran towards us, worried. I smiled, upon seeing him.

Then I blacked out and fell off the horse.

~Levi's POV~
Everyone finally returned. Except they weren't in good shape.

Supplies were being strewn out and doctors and medical soldiers were everywhere.

Everyone was in a panic. Many of our men hadn't returned and most who did were injured. 

However, I was most concerned for Erwin and Valeri.

I found them both in the same cart, and a dozen people were surrounding them moving them quickly to the med bay through the ground. They were both unconscious, and were in such bad shape.

Valeri was panting and turning in her sleep, sweating and bleeding from several places.

The doctors had removed her jacket to see her wounds. She was wearing her white tank top which was soaked in blood, hopefully not hers.

Her hair was a mess and the yellow bow I last saw her in was missing. She was panting and shivering, otherwise looked sick.

Erwin was worse, he was missing his right hand and wrist, also unconscious. His face was dirty and pale from blood loss. Other than being dirty they were both pretty beat up, but would survive with a week or two's rest.

"What happened to them?" I asked the soldier next to me that was pushing the cart.

"Captain Levi? They both came in nearly passed out on Commander Erwin's horse. Reports came in that Lieutenant Valeri's horse had died in the siege of Utgard. They passed out and fell onto the ground as soon as the horse stopped, and Valeri's grip was so strong on the Commander we moved them both in the same cart." The soldier answered.

A doctor pushed me away after that, as they were pried apart and carried into the building, and I didn't get to see them until their conditions were stabilized.

For the next three days I sat by Valeri's bedside, worried sick. I went to see Erwin too and had to go out a few times for work and eating. However I slept in Valeri's room.

She finally woke up around morning of the third day.

~Valeri's POV~
When I woke up, 3 days had passed. I was in bed, I was clean and warm, my wounds treated. Levi was next to me when I awoke. He was sitting in a chair, fast asleep. "Le...vi?" I asked. He groaned a bit, waking up. He tilted his head, reproachfully staring at me. "Oi... You finally up brat? It's been three days."

I instantly broke into tears, hugging Levi tightly, repeatedly saying his name. "Captain! Captain! I missed you so much! I was so scared Captain, it was all so scary! I went through the worst experience of my life! Without you, oh Captain Levi!" I sobbed into his shoulder.

Instead of scolding me and pushing me away, he stroked my hair, pulling me closer and letting my cry into his shoulder.

"I know, I'm sorry, I should've never let you go, I never knew things would get this out of hand and I overestimated how much you could handle." he reassured me. I sniffled, wiping my tears.

"I-Is Erwin okay?" I asked. "Yeah, he's fine. He's been resting, been asleep this whole time. We thought your wounds were worse than they looked because his blood was all over you, but luckily it was just your shoulder." He sighed. "Oh thank God, Erwin's alright." I relaxed from relief.

"I heard you have 140 solo kills now?" He inquired.

"Yeah, who told you? I'm pretty sure it's more than that because I killed a lot of Titans when reaching Eren, but I didn't count." I shrugged.