BONUS: Kwon Jihye

A/N

happy wonderful wednesday!

i'm debating whether or not i should post a qna for philophobia, since i am going to publish a second book and maybe your answers are going to be there. but, i guess i should anyway? idk, what do you think?

well, in case anyone has a question, go ahead and comment your question here.

a little announcement: a second book is confirmed (haha you already know that from two paragraphs before this but oh well). i can promise you that everything that happened in chapter 33 will be explained. what i can't promise is when i'll publish the story. i'm currently writing lucid dream right now (go check it out!) and i'm not sure if i'm able to write two books at once. so, bear with me. i promise it'll come.

anyway, i hope you enjoy this bonus chapter! i thought i'd make this since i don't think i'll insert this anywhere else.

—w.

August 2015

The bell rang as another customer came in. Jihye straightened her apron, fixing her name tag and plastered her smile as she faced the customer in front of her. It was a regular, and as Sora likes to call him, the handsome guy.

Well, he is handsome.

"What can I get you today?" Jihye asked, giving him an actual smile.

He frowned at the menu, eyes traveling through the list of beverages. She never really managed to get his name, but she's seen him almost every evening that she could recognize him just from his legs.

"I'll have some latte."

Jihye blinked. "I'm sorry, what?"

He let out a light chuckle. "I'll have some caramel latte."

Jihye gave him an apologetic smile as she insert his orders on the cashier. "That will be $10."

He gave her exactly that with an understanding smile. "Tough day?" he asked.

"More like boring." Jihye took the money from his hand, their fingers brushing against each other ever so slightly. She blushed.

"I can only imagine the horrors of standing behind the counter for so long."

She shook her head dramatically. "You wouldn't know." She hands him the receipt. "One caramel latte coming up. I'll take it to your table."

He gave her a smile. "Thanks —" he peered to her name tag, "— Jihye."

She rolled her eyes, watching him as he walked to his usual position, at the edge of the room, on the circular table, second from the left. It's quite far behind but not too much that he's detached from the outside world and the light of the sun. One can say it's the perfect position.

But still, a good four months and he still has no idea who her name is. Well, to be fair she doesn't even know his name.

She heads to the coffee machine, preparing his latte, one which Sora should've prepared, if only she wasn't sick. Her co-worker would've be exited to prepare his drink. But today, she's alone. Literally alone — aside from handsome guy over there. She's been standing behind the counter for a good hour until handsome guy came in.