-07-

I am late.

I am very late to the event that happens only once every year. And that is all because of my wonderful friend, Seulgi. She decides to get sick on purpose today and not write about the new year's event in Seoul. I had to do it, since everyone else is having their wonderful vacation and I'm the only one stuck in Seoul.

Well not stuck, I live here. And I will stay here for New Year's because of the reunion.

I ran to the nearest shelter. It was raining and the entrance to the bar was quite far from the drop off point. I know, very convenient and ironic. It's like the weather's mocking me for my tardiness.

My group of friends had reserved a secluded room in the bar for tonight. We knew we were loud and chaotic and would ruin the whole place if we didn't reserve a room for ourselves.

It was halfway through the party when I arrived and everyone was there. Yongsun saw how drenched I am and immediately searched for a towel. She's overreacting, I'm not even that wet.

Yoongi shook his head. "How could you choose your job over us?"

"Yeah, Byul. How could you?" Jimin smiled, holding a bottle of soju.

I just arrived and he's already halfway drunk.

Namjoon was at the front, wearing his headphones and controlling the DJ set he bought. The music made us shout each time we held a conversation with someone, but I can't deny that it's great.

Yongsun came back with the towel, failing to walk straight and upright. I shook my head in disbelief. It's only been 5 minutes and there are two drunks in this room.

I searched for the notorious guy that wasn't here last year. Seokjin was holding a conversation with Hyejin, a decent one even. It was a relief since he could push away anyone near him.

Jimin offered me a bottle of soju, a stupid smile on his face. I took it. "I can't believe you're already drunk."

Yongsun spoke some gibberish and yanked my bottle away. She narrowed her eyes at me, her cheeks red from all the drinking. She poured a shot for me, which I took while shaking my head at her weirdness.

"How's life, Byul?" Hoseok asked from across me while eating fried chicken.

"Busy as always." I stood up and took a bunch of french fries, bumping into Yongsun.

"At least your paid's decent." Jimin leaned back on his chair, the smile still on his face. "I can't even afford my own apartment."

Hoseok scoffed. "You're exaggerating. You can afford alcohol."

I laughed. "I'm sure if you stop drinking you'll be able to afford that apartment."

Jimin's smile flattered. "I didn't come all the way from Busan to learn how to manage my money."

"You seem like you do!" I jumped at the sound of Yongsun's voice beside me.

"Yongsun, stop shouting." Hoseok said.

"I'm not shouting!"

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Yes you are. You always do when you're drunk."

"I'm not drunk!"

Hoseok chuckled. "Whatever." He turned to Jimin, "Speaking of drunk, you shouldn't get too drunk. You're going to dance tomorrow."

"I'm pretty sure he's already drunk." I said.

"Oh god."

"Well if it isn't the journalist." A small, cute voice called from behind me. I whipped my head around to see the new married couple grinning and hugged them both.