-17-

At exactly twelve at noon, a knock came on the door of my apartment. It surprised me, jolting me awake from the peace and solidarity of my room, taking away my concentration from my writing. I wasn't expecting any guests, as I didn't invite anyone here often.

I was even more surprised when I opened the door. Jin stood before me, holding a large plastic bag filled with... is that food?

My heart picked up its pace without my consent, pounding against my chest. "What are you doing here?" And why am I so nervous?

He gave me a small smile, lifting the bag in his hand. "I thought I'd pay you a visit, since you're free and have nothing better to do."

Well, isn't that just sweet.

I could feel a smile creeping into my lips, but I suppressed it. Didn't want Jin to think I'm a creep. "I have something to do. I'm writing."

He shook his head. "No, you don't. It's your day off. Now let me in."

I rolled my eyes, but stepped aside to let him in, trying my hardest to keep a straight face. He laid the plastic bag on the kitchen table, calm and very much at home, as if he came here before. My brain told me that he had come here, but my fuzzy memory didn't allow me to remember anything.

"What's that?" I asked, walking over to Jin's side, stretching my hand to help him to whatever he's doing.

"Food," he answered simply. I held the bag open for him as he took out the contents of the bag. Kimchi, eggs, tofu, oil and some vegetables I can't name.

I'm not good at these things, okay? Don't judge.

"Why would you bring raw food?" I raised an eyebrow, looking at him in confusion.

"To cook? What else?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Dumping your stuff here because you don't have a working refrigerator?"

"I don't think that would've been a problem, since you rarely use yours." He brushed some of the dust piling on the surface of my kitchen. "And it also seems like you never use the kitchen."

"I can order takeaways. Less time and effort."

He shook his head, sighing. "You're hopeless."

I rolled my eyes. "You're still here."

Jin gave me a pointed look, then turned back to the ingredients. He took them all out, folding the plastic bag neatly and putting it to the side. I sat on my bed, observing the man preparing his own food like it's his own home. The unfamiliarity of the locations of the kitchenware is the only indicator that he's foreign to the space.

I still can't understand how he managed to look so attractive while doing nothing. Well, he's doing something, but it's nothing that should enhance attractiveness. What's so handsome about a man searching for kitchen utensils? Nothing, except if that man is Kim Seokjin.

"Are you going to help me or are you going to sit there staring at me?"

"I choose the latter," I answered without a pause. But then I realized what I just said and regretted it.

He jerked his head to my direction, eyebrows raised. "Oh?"

"What?" I racked my brain for any logical excuse. "I'm not cooking."

A small smirk made its way to his plump lips. "You are. Get here."

I groaned, but did as he says. He asked me to help him cut the tofu into bite-sized squares, giving me detailed instructions on how to do it. "And be careful, don't cut yourself."