-14-

Jin offered to take me home, because he's — and I quote, a gentleman. It should be easy, but it's not.

"I can take her home too," Jungkook said, frowning. "You're not the only gentleman here."

I stood in the middle of the large boys in front of the restaurant, feeling like a hobbit. To the people across the street, we'd look like seven idiots. Putting aside Jungkook's firm expression, we look bored and tired, including me. And I'm not going to waste my time watching a war of dominance.

I coughed, taking the boys' attention. "I can go on my own."

"That's a no." Hoseok crossed his arms. "You're not going alone."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm a grown woman —"

"You have two choices." Yoongi held up two of his fingers. "One, get back with a car, or two, with a motorcycle. You choose."

I sighed. Why are these guys so overprotective so suddenly? "I'll go with the bus, thank you."

"The bus is not in the option." Jin rolled his eyes. "Let's end all of this nonsense. She's coming with me —"

Jungkook stepped forward. "No you're not. Not unless Byul choose you."

We all stared at him in disbelief.

Jin scoffed. "What is wrong with you? Why does it matter who takes her home?"

"Why does it matter who takes her home?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow, challenging the elder.

I groaned, stepping away from the crowd. "This is absolute nonsense. I'm leaving."

"No. No-uh." Jimin grabbed my wrists, dragging me back to the middle of the pack. He crossed his arms, cheeks puffed from annoyance. I know he tries to look dominant, but he's too cute for that. "You're going with either one of us."

"Give me a good reason why?"

Namjoon rolled his eyes. "It's night. And even though I know you're a perfectly capable grown up, you're still a woman."

Jungkook nodded, his fluffy hair bouncing on the top of his head. "It's the same as walking drunk in the middle of the street."

I scoffed. "I've been doing that for years —"

"No, Byul," Yoongi insisted. "Car or motorcycle. That's it. No buses, taxis or public transportation."

Says the guy that wanted to leave me the last time we had dinner together. Time does change people.

"Look," Namjoon added, "even if you're a guy, we'd still want you to join either one of us. It's late — very late. And it's not safe."

"But —"

"Fine, I'll make the choice for you." Jin grabbed my wrists. "Let's go."

"Hey! That's no fair!" Jungkook protested, grabbing my other wrist. Why in the world are these two men trying to rip me apart?

"Jungkook." Jin glared at him. "Your freaking house is minutes from here, and Byul's apartment is closer to my place. It's convenient. Objections?"

Jungkook pouted, shook his head.

"Good. Now let her go."

He did, and Jin dragged me to his car. Yes, dragged. No matter how hard I pulled back, I can't free myself from his iron grip. It was only when we're right in front of his car that he let go of my hand. But even then, I couldn't leave because he blocked my path with his large body.

His car smelled of air freshener, stinging my nostrils as soon as I got in. The pack hung on the rear-view mirror, fresh and new. Lilies. But besides the flowers, it's actually quite cozy.