-08-

I managed to climb into Jin's car without getting hurt, courtesy of Kim Seokjin. Warmth filled my body as I threw myself into the soft cushion of his car. Jin asked for my address, but I guessed I didn't answer correctly since he asked again.

"I told you already," I whined, throwing my hands up, only to let them fall back down seconds after.

"You said something like alkfoifdfk," he said. "It's not even a real word."

I huffed, crossing my arms, but told him my address again.

He sighed. "Byul, do you know anyone who can tell me your address? You're not speaking right."

I pressed my forefinger to my chin, pursing my lips and narrowing my eyes. "I think," I said, "Yoongi knows. Or maybe he doesn't."

He dialed someone, only to earn a shout from the other line. Jin shouted back, something about my address and soon he started driving.

I woke up to the sound of my phone. The room spins when I open my eyes and my head pounded to the loud ringtone. My arms search for the technology, lying somewhere on the coffee table beside my bed. It was empty.

My fingers traced the sheets of my bed while my eyes stayed closed to prevent more twists and turns. At last I found it, and it was under my pillow. I failed to take the call several times, fingers slipping on the glass surface of my phone.

"Hello?"

"Good morning, sleepy head," a male's voice that I fail to recognize said. "How are you?"

"Alive," I answered. "Who's this?"

"Jungkook," he said. "Are you okay? You were pretty drunk last night."

I hummed a response, turning on my bed to ease away the dizziness in my head. I pulled my blanket up to my neck, the warmth sending me back to sleep.

"Okay then," he said. "Wait! You are in your apartment, right?"

I opened a single eye, checking the walls and furniture across from me. Yup, that's definitely my desk and chair that I never use.

"Yes, Jungkook. I'm in my apartment."

"Okay then, goodbye."

I threw my phone to the other side of the bed, closing my eyes once more. I heard a small crash somewhere behind me, but I didn't take too much thought in it. My head spinned even when my eyes are closed and I'm lying down. The sensation made me bury my face deeper into the pillow, shutting my eyes tighter—if that is even possible.

Dealing with hangovers is never my thing; a reason why I rarely drink, with anyone. Besides, the stupidity while drunk is just an embarrassment for the next morning. I wouldn't want to deal with any of that. If Jungkook didn't call me this early, I wouldn't be feeling the dizziness now.

Wait.

What time is it?

I turned, flailing my arms in search of the phone I threw, only to find it lying on the floor. There was a tiny crack in the edge of the screen, just a tiny bit.

"Idiot," I scold myself, unlocking it.

January 1st, 2020 / 11.00

I breathed a sigh of relief.

It's January 1st. That means I'm not late for work.

The pounding came back once more, making me fall back to my bed, phone still in hand. I released it, afraid if I threw it, it'll crack again. Phones are expensive nowadays, and I can't afford to ruin one. Closing my eyes, I tried to send myself back to the land of dreams.