A few moments later, a sniff was heard, and after a couple of seconds, the dark haird boy looked up, his eyes glistening, but with no tears fallen. "But James-." He said, almost choking on his words.

Tiger slipped next to him, giving him a quick hug, peering over his shoulder to see that there was a watch in the box - one that she recognised from somewhere.

"We both agreed, Padfoot." James smiled. "It's a tradition." Sirius smiled, then sniffed, looking down at the watch again, his head leant on Tiger's arm.

Tiger then realised why she recognised the watch. The last place she saw the watch was on the wrist of James's dad at the party. "I need to go make sure the girls are up." She said quickly, feeling her own voice thicken for a moment.

With one last quick hug for Sirius, Tiger made her way back to her own dorm, leaving the best friends spend some time together. She knew that she had been intruding, really, since she came to Hogwarts.

Tiger knew that the four were happy to have her there, but she also knew that they had a bond that they had created over the years that she would never have that. She didn't need to intrude more than she should, especially on a day like today,

She was ok with it though, and she told herself this as she opened the door to her own dorm, seeing that only Lily was up and showering.

"Marlene, Lyds, come on." Tiger said, walking over to each of their beds and gently shaking them, trying to wake them up. Eventually she did, and Lily was out of the bathroom.

Tiger quickly changed into her uniform, but due to somehow ripping her skirt, she ended up having to wear a black and red tartan skirt, which was the same style as her school skirt, but not.

She knew she would get into trouble for it, so she made sure that she wore her robes and boots that day, as well as a pair of tights that weren't ripped. Leaving her hair down, only pinning back some strands with red and gold butterfly clips, Tiger gathered her stuff up and made her way down to the breakfast hall with Lily.

Sirius, James, Remus and Peter appeared in the Great Hall minutes later, the watch that the birthday boy been gifted clear on his wrist.

"Hey, this is all my favourite food." Sirius exclaimed, and Tiger and Peter discreetly high-fived knowing that their quest to convince the House Elves to cook specific meals all day had worked.

Sirius seemed so happy, a smile on his face at every moment, but every so often, when he seemed to think no one was looking, his eyes drifted to the Slytherin table. And one time, Tiger caught him.

And she saw his gaze settle on a certain Slytherin, and when she continued to watch, she saw they looked extremely alike. And then it all clicked.

She knew from Remus the outline of Sirius's family problems, because of a certain rant the Lupin boy went on the first night of the summer holidays one time. She knew that Sirius had a brother, who was in Slytherin, but she didn't know any names or what he looked like.

Sometimes, Tiger didn't think twice before doing things. And this was one of those times. Tiger watched as the boy finished his breakfast and left the hall, before muttering a excuse that she needed the toilet, and getting out of there as quick as possible.

Luckily the boy was alone, turning down the corridor which would take him the library. Tiger quickly caught up with him, running as quick as she could in her boots. Upon eventually doing so, she went up on her tiptoes, tapping him twice on the shoulder.

"Yes?" The boy asked, confused but also annoyed. "Oh it's you. The American." He said, but despite his words, they didn't hold as much mockery as Tiger would expect them to.

"Actually I'm British but.." Tiger trailed off, knowing this wasn't important. "Would you mind just writing.." She paused for a moment, holding out her hand, and a card appearing in it. "Oh I didn't think that would actually work. I was running and I didn't know that I could do it at such a distance."

"What is this?" The boy peered at the folded bit of card, with a sort of curiousity that Tiger hadn't expected. "Is it a muggle thing?" He asked.

"I suppose so. But it's for your brother." Tiger paused, wracking her brains. "You must be Regulus right?" She asked, remembering the name from a brief conversation.

"Yes.. yes I am." Regulus seemed a little bit softer upon the mention of his brother, and took the card from Tiger, producing a quill out of his robes. "And what exactly do I write in this?"

"It's a birthday card, but you could write whatever you wanted. I'll give you some time." Tiger smiled, walking a little way down the corridor, examining her nails and acting as if Regulus didn't exist.

"Thank you. Tiger?" Regulus said, walking over to the girl. "I appreciate it. I hope Sirius is ok." The boy said.

"A little sad, but just like usual." Tiger smiled, a sort of bittersweet smile. "Thank you for doing this Regulus. I know it will mean a lot."

"I just hope he knows that I love him a lot, and really do want him to be happy." Regulus said, and it was the last words he would say to Tiger that day.

And Tiger really hoped that Sirius did as well, as the teary-eyed girl turned back down the corridor which would take her back to the hall, so she could rejoin the birthday boy.