chapter twenty

Angel/Alira's POV

"OW!" I yell. That shit hurts. My whole body is suddenly super hot. I start to sweat and breath heavy. Oh no.. I'm in heat.

"Alira? I heard you scream, is something wrong?" Levi the beta of Jace says while walking inside the room. "Help me" I say. He looks at me with his eyes wide. "I will ask the Alphas for help" He says.

His eyes gets blurry which means he is mindlinking them. He breaths in and stops. His normal eye color doesn't come back, instead his eyes are pitch black. He gulps.

He takes a few steps closer. He looks at me with a sorry face expression. I just stare back at him. Why is he looking sorry?

"I'm sorry but I don't know if I can keep myself in" He says. When a female is in heat, all the males near her will react to it. He is obviously trying to keep himself in. He wants to walk away but stops when I start screaming.

"AAAAAH" I scream out of pain. I want one of my mates right now to stop the pain. Especially Jace which is apparently my original mate. "Please let the pain stop" I say and cry.

Suddenly the pain disappears. I open my eyes and see Levi. He is touching my hand. "I can help with the pain until one of your mates arrives" He suggests. It kind of feels wrong but the pain is too much.

He starts to stroke my arm. His eyes gets darker and suddenly he pushes his lips on mine.

~*~

Jace's POV

"Alphas! Something is wrong with Alira! One of you come as quick as possible!" Levi says through the mindlink.

"What's wrong?!" Me and one of my brothers say at the same time through the mindlink. He is quiet for a second. "She's in heat" He says and breaks the mindlink.

I shift to my wolf form and start to run as fast as I can. Finally! Suddenly I trip and fall to the ground. I felt a slight pain in my heart I think.

Then I realize something. That fucker.. I get up again and run even faster. Levi is alone with my mate while she's in heat. I don't want to believe that my best friend would touch my mate but the pain proved it all. That wasn't a normal kind of pain.

Luckily I wasn't that far away from home so I'm already here. I shift back in my human form and storm inside the house. I don't care that I'm naked right now, I have to get to my mate.

I practically run upstairs. I can smell her scent super strongly coming from my room. I slam the door open. I heard the wood break but I don't care.

I see Angel laying down on my bed and Levi sitting next to her on the ground. He is touching her arm. He looks at me with a sorry face expression.

I loose it when I see him and punch him in the face. His head hit the night stand next to my bed. He lies down on the ground and wines in pain. He obviously didn't try to stop me.