The Life Story Of Derek Hale

Start from the beginning

"Why do you care?" Coar asked, turning around to face Stiles and me. Not that she could see my face over my computer because anywork that was due on Boyd's death date was now due tonight at 11:59 and I had about half of it left to do.

"Why do I care? Let's see because over the past few weeks, my best friend has tried to kill himself. My other best friend keeps blacking out seeing things that haven't happened yet. Thank you Cait." I give a two finger sulat to the living embodiment of sarcasm. "The first best friend's Boss nearly got ritually sacrificed. A girl I have known since I was three DID get ritually sacrificed, Boyd was killed by Alphas. I- Do you want me to keep going? Because I can, all right? For like an hour."

"If you add me into the mix maybe two." I says from my place on the floor.

"Do the two of you think Derek could do anything about that?"

"Well since he's the one everyone seems to be after, It's more like he should do something about it." After Stiles' statement I sent Scott a text(s).

Scott McCall (Force of Will)

Hey.
Just wondering if you told anyone about the true Alpha thing?
Because Stiles seems to have no clue about it.
That's fine by the way. Take your time. I know it's a lot to take in.

"I don't know. There's something different about him now." Cora said leaning over a table.

"No shit he just lost a pack member." I sass out to the youngest Hale.

"I don't mean like that. He wasn't like this when I knew him."

"What was he like?" Stiles asked, starting to pace around the room.

Peter started down the stairs. "A lot like Scott, actually." Too bad he couldn't pull through, live on the moral side. "A lot like most teenagers- unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers."

"What changed him? I asked, closing my laptop, knowing this was going ot be a long night of cramming work.

"Well the same thing that changes a lot of young men..A girl"

"A-a girl. You're telling us some girl broke his little heart?" Stiles asked the former Alpha. "That's why Derek is the way he is?"

"Do any of you remember Derek before he was an alpha, had blue eyes? Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?"

"Because they took an innocent life. Accident or not. Mercy or not. They killed a human and their eyes change colors."

"Very good Caitlin." I roll my eyes. "If you want to know what changed Derek. You need to know what changed the color of his eyes. Let me tell you the story of a girl named Pagie Krasikeva."

Peter cleared his throat "She was the quite type, always working on herself, even played the cello, by herself. Much like Cora, really. When Derek and her met she yelled at him for being the most common descriptor of a teenage boy. Simply pt he was being a dick. He went after her to apologize. Like I said, a lot like Scott. She made him play her game, saying she would tell him her name if he could play one instrument in the whole room. Sophomore year, puberty hit him like a brick, he gained popularity. But love always has a way of coming to wolves."

"Okay if Derek was a sophomore back then, how old was he?" Stiles interrupts. "How old were you? How old are you now?"

"Not as young as we could have been, but not as ld as you might think."

"That's not an answer." I say. "Cora how old are you?"

"I'm 17."

"So that's an answer."