ACT TWENTY SIX.

Fonton Academy Grounds.

School's Hallway.

Amara was walking through the school's hallway, barely taking note of her surroundings. Today, she had woken up by four in the morning because she had a test on literature this Monday. She had spent her weekend reading the book Velina or Venia left at her doorstep.

If she had read the book on any other day before Lanzer spoke to her, she would have thought it was it was all fiction but, in fact it was all real. The bloodshed, the imbalance, the vile and ugly parts of that story was all real; it happened.

Felicia: Mara.

She stopped and turned to see Felicia. She let go of her breath she didn't know she was holding. She didn't want to see Alice. Alice had kept a secret from her. She deserved to feel this anger, she always told herself but deep down she knew she was a big hypocrite.

Fixing her smile up, she took a step closer in Felicia's direction.

Amara: Felicia, morning.

Felicia went straight to the point with her burning question.

Felicia: why are you avoiding us?

Amara's masked fell for a second before she fixed her smile back, racking her brain on what to say.

Amara: I am just sad, my mum is sick and all and I'm just not really good at outing my family issues. It's not you guys, the problem is with me.

Amara lied through her teeth.
Felicia: oh! I am so sorry but, you know we are friends as well as the rest of the gang, right? We help each other. I hope your mom gets better soon. {she placed a comforting hand on Amara's shoulder}

Amara: thanks. I'll see you later, I've got a literature test this morning.

Felicia: good luck, poet. {she winks at Amara}

Felicia walked pass her and headed to her class. Felicia looked glorious and enchanting compared to her even with her red straight hair and eyes. She wondered how they could fool everyone that they're just humans with pretty parents. She recognized that Venia was not only human but, why was it was so different with the wolves?

Amara shook her head looking up. Her eyes lock with Liam Green's. she felt enchanted and completely and entirely on his spell and at his mercy. What was wrong with her?

She immediately averted her eyes and took a turn to get to her literature class though, her body begged to differ.

As soon as Amara walked in, it felt like Liam had followed her because he walked in before she could plant her butt on her chair.

This was one of the many classes she shared with Liam Green and he just happened to seat behind her. It didn't affect her {lie} and she didn't feel drawn to him that she questioned her sanity {lie}.

She shook her head for the nth time today before seating down. She tried to distract herself with what she wore today; she had donned on a pair of blue skinny jeans, an African print crop top and a jean jacket. She looked at what the others had donned on which ranged from knee length gowns and flats to shirts and skirts for the girls, casual for the boys. She was pretty much one of the few girls who loved wearing pants, others did but never in school as she had observed.

She felt antsy, what was Liam Green dressed on today? She thought. Don't go there, you've got a test today Amara, focus...

Amara: I just need to focus. {she whispered to herself as she rubbed her temple.}

Although she whispered, Liam heard her loud and clear like she was talking to him. When he set his on her today in the corridor something pulled at his heart. The distance was starting to affect them and the more time they spent apart the more painful it would be for him and her, he had no idea how it would affect her.

Liam: Amara?

Amara froze, eh body becoming tense though that didn't deter him.

Liam: Amara, please can you lend me your pencil?

Amara didn't know what came over, she just opened her pencil case and pulled out a pencil to give to Liam.

His voice wasn't authoritative but, soft as silk driving her to do what he wanted.

His face was the killer, his smile was up and per usual he was dressed in black.

Amara: here {her voice was shaky}.

Amara's hand stretched out in such a way he didn't have to touch her but, he just had to, he craved to touch her to get reed of the burning ache that will only grow worse.

So he did it, he touched her hand. He felt it, the electrifying feeling that flooded his body and taking away the burning ache. He wanted to savour it, the moment but, he retracted his hand and stared into her eyes. One look and he knew she felt how he felt.

He scribbled a few things down before tapping her shoulder with the pencil to return it.

Liam: your pencil, thanks by the way.

Amara: {her voice was still shaky} You can keep it.

Liam: okay, thanks.

Mrs. China walked in a haste.

Mrs. China: morning students, sorry I'm a bit late. Let's get to the test then.

Liam had millions up to billions and he was still making more, he governed over an entire species, he could afford nearly everything and yet the pencil he stared at keenly at seemed to have more value to him than his entire fortune.

Mrs. China: begin, you have fifteen minutes. {she had distributed the test papers}.

The class was quiet, only the sound of scribbling could be heard.