ACT THIRTEEN.

Basement, Liam's mansion.

Night-time.

Liam punched and punched the punching bag severally. His knuckles weren't cladded so he bled and healed shortly after.

He couldn't get her out of his system. He felt a burning need. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw her, what made it worse was instead she had red hair and those sparkling brown eyes he had fallen hard for.

His cell phone rang.

Liam: what is it? {he sounded harsh.}

It was one of his security men, Rob.

Rob: sir, there is a lady here saying she is here to see you, Miss Hemmingston.

Liam: I don't... ask her first name.

Liam hadn't taken time to consideration, it was already evening already. He came immediately to the basement after Neil dropped him off. The drive was intense.

Liam simply threw on a black shirt and grabbed a water bottle.

Liam: Rob, speak to me?

Rob: Talina.

Liam: send her in immediately.

Rob: yes, sir.

He rushed to his living room to welcome his guest.

Liam: I thought you were going to see me never.

Immediately Talina ran and hugged him. He was surprised but, he let her hold him as she cried. She let go after a while.

Talina: I am sorry. {she wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.}

Liam: It's okay. What happened?

Talina: the cult wants to get rid of me, they put me on trial. They want me dead.

Liam: what did you do?

She chuckled without humor.

Talina: I was an outcast, only Vennessa accepted me I am guessing because she liked my power. So, now that she is dead they can do whatever they want.

Liam: I killed your only protector. *sigh* come with me to the Capital. Live there with me, I can teach you the little witchery I know. Accept this and no one will ever dream of hurting you without dying shortly afterwards?

Talina nodded. She was scared, she ran here, they wanted to hang her. She didn't trust Liam but, he was a better option in comparison to a cult of power hunger witches and he is a king, a king's word is his bond and he never breaks it.

Liam: good. Now Talina, no harm shall come to you again. I promise.

His eyes faded from red to its usual forest green colour.