Bus Ride Headed For Hell

Depuis le début

"Yo! Scotty?" Stiles snaps his fingers, "You still with me?"

"Yeah, sorry. Uhh what's the word?"

Stiles repeats the PSAT prep word, "Anachronism."

"Something that exists out of its normal time." Scott says gripping the back of my seat.

"Nice. Okay next word. Incongruous." Lottie reads after Stiles passed her the Ipad.

"Umm can you use it in a sentence?"

"Yeah sure. It's completely incongruous that the four of us are sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stuiped cross-country meet after what just happened. Incongruous."

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd."

"Nice. OKay next word." I take the iPad from Lottie, "Recipient."

"A person or thing that receives or is awarded something."

"Yeah." I hand the iPad back to Stiles.

"Okay next word, um. Darach. Darach, It's a noun." Me and Scott glare at him. "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thigh for like five hours, so why not?" Scott places his head back on the window. I take his hand in mine so he doesn't think about the pain. "Next word intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate." The bus hits a bump in the road and Scott grabs his side.

"Scott. Look at me! Scott!" I tilted his chin up so he was looking into my eyes. "We shouldn't have come. I knew we shouldn't have come. At least tell me you're healing."

"We had to come, there's safety in numbers."

"Yeah well there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre- or a bloodbath, or carnage." My sister sasy, her chin placed on the back of the seat.

"Or a slaughter, butchery, wow that's- " Stiles say. Scott groans.

"No that's it. I'm telling Coach." I say.

"No. Cait. I- I'm fine."

"Scott you don't look fine. Cait's right are you even healing?" Stiles scolds his best friend.

"Scott just let us see it." Lottie begs, reaching her hand over the seat.

Scott pulls back, "I'm okay."

"Just let us see it." I repeat.

"Okay." Scott pulls up his shirt to reveal the harsh cut. It was still bloody and even the scabided was deep into his skin. It didn't look like he was healing at all. Hell it didn't even look like the cut was cleaned.

"Scott." Lottie breath out.

"I know it's bad, but it's only because they're from an alpha. It'll take longer to heal."

"Scott, nothing should take this long to heal."

"Cait's right. If it's just because it takes longer why are Boyd and Isaac fine?" Lottie asked.

"I can't believe he's dead. I can't believe Derek's dead." Scott says leaning his head on the window.

"No. NO, he's not dead." I say, a struggle in my voice.

"How do you know?" Scott asked, looking at me.

"Because, then either you, Boyd or Isaac would have red eyes, all three of you still betas. He can't be dead."

"Okay Scott look at me just stay awake. Okay, uhh, tell about Isaac moving in with you." I say, hoping to take his mind off last night.

"Derek kicked him. He wouldn't say why." Scott beats out. "He just said they would be going after them. I went before I was meant to. I was hoping to stop the violence. But Derek knew me too well. He was waiting for me to show up. He just wanted to hurt them. All of them." So much for ignoring last night. Scott groaned again.