15. Broken pieces

Loud repeated banging on the door woke Grayson up from the most peaceful slumber he had in days. Perhaps because he knew his mate once roamed through the same walls he was kept a guest in-the Alpha's chambers.

Secluded from the rest of the pack house, this space was reserved for the Alpha herself. It had a lounge,a kitchen, mini bar, dining area,library,office,gym,some doors which were locked and about seven bedrooms. The most beautiful part was the balcony that faced the forest. Yes, Grayson took all his time exploring Sylvia's chambers but for the life of his he couldn't gather the will to step into her room. It would have been too much for him and his wolf. So with the comfort of her scent that lingered in these chambers he slept peacefully. Until someone obviously decided to bang the door as if the world was ending.

Stepping out of bed and ready to rip the head off of whoever was o the other side of the door, Grayson opened it. It was Lee panting heavily with his eyes open a bit too wide. Grayson's hand twitched and yearned to wrap around the wolf's throat but he restrained himself.

Instead,with anger laced in his words Grayson fumed "What is it pup?" Grayson always had a soft spot for the pups and this one might not be too young but to the mighty Alpha he was-a pup.

Lee felt the urge to clear Grayson's facts that he wasn't as young as he looked. Certainly not a pup but he held his breath because the news he came to deliver was more important.

So stepping back a bit fully expecting Grayson to grab his neck after he delivered the message Lee spoke hesitantly "Alpha Grayson, Alpha Sylvia has been found."

Lee watched as a wave of unreadable emotions passed through Grayson's eyes. At first shock,then relief and then in a second his stare turned into a glare.

The world stopped for Grayson. How long had he waited to hear this. To just get a hint where she was so he could go after her. And here was this pup, telling him his Luna was found. Was she safe? Was she hurt? Sapping out of the thought, Grayson's face grew serious and in one swift motion he had the gamma pushed aside and ran towards the door.

So no strangling  Lee thought as he strafied himself before he could fall face first on the ground.

That'd be embarrassing.

Letting out the breath he didn't know he was holding Lee started walking after Grayson who stopped abruptly after walking out of the chamber's doors.

The poor gamma almost slammed into Grayson's back.

Turning around, Grayson faced Lee and stared at him. As per habit Lee shifted all his weight to his toes and started bobbing up and down. It was a nervous gesture. He couldn't help it. Grayson looked at the gamma and then at his feet and then up again. He realized he was making him uneasy. Reminding himself of the hospitality and the great news he delivered him Grayson put on a blank face. "Lead the way pup" He uttered.

Realization hit Lee. "Oh yes" With that the gamma started walking ahead of Grayson who in his haste, forgot to wear his shirt.

They walked all the way outside the pack house where an anxious Simon was pacing back and forth.He had this frown on his forehead which Olivia,who stood nearby, knew appeared only when he was thinking too hard about something. Many pack members were lingering around. Some sitting,some standing, eyes awaiting, lips praying for their Alpha's safe return.

It was early morning when they received a message from the trackers Simon had dispatched. They had found Sylvia? How? It didn't matter because all that was important right now was to have her back safe and sound. Simon had been out ever since. But he took his time before he sent lee to wake Grayson because he wasn't sure if he should be here when Sylvia comes back. What if she didn't want him here? But then he realised how stupid his thoughts were and how he wanted his head intact on his neck and not chopped off by Grayson.